What’s coming at Munich?

However, if I was a betting man. I would put my money on Munich, for probably the most anticipated Naim product of recent years. As always, imho. :blush:

Solstice is a completely new box design.

Last upgrade to range was 10 years ago

But DR upgrades are no longer available on “old” products.

Munich could be the launch of a complete new range from Naim??

1 Like

Only if its a new model that avoids the worst component shortages. But in connection with the 372 they have had plenty of time to come up with improvement to the firmware that could benefit the existing streamers.

Perhaps a streamer-board upgrade based on the i.MX8 which has seriously improved performance, low‑latency, and impressive power efficiency (to make more use of the PSU).

Given the popularity of Roon. Improving the SQ by supporting with an NAA-option (in addition to the old RAAT) i.e. something like Aqua HiFi has done.

1 Like

The discontinuation of DR updates could indeed herald the arrival of a new product range to replace/update the Classic/500 range.

This would be done gradually: either top-down or bottom-up.

The size of the enclosers would remain the same (i.e. the same suppliers would be kept), but some details would change in order to take over the style introduced by the Statement and Uniti/Muso ranges.

But I could be completely wrong, predicting this kind of thing is like looking into a crystal ball: you only see what you wish to see.

4 Likes

I think you are right @Thomas … I tend to believe that Naim - if they will introduce a new look - they will opt for a phased approach. I keep thinking about a new 272 and a matching power amp … but that may be wishful thinking…

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why they said “vintage” of the tin edition ?

1 Like

Also Dutch people (living in Germany) come. But seriously - very much looking forward after the two year hiatus….
Have tickets for two days, let’s see if I also go the 2nd day.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the release/launch of “Naim powered by Roon”. No more Naim App updates needed; bring to an end painful and costly software development etc. Instead, all Naim streamers come with Roon lifetime membership… :grinning: :innocent:

4 Likes

A nice idea :crossed_fingers:, however……

10 days (possibly 1 day) to go ……….:bomb:

1 Like

You’re a right tease @NoNaim :+1:

Everything comes, to those that wait :blush:

1 Like

I think there’s quite a few of us on here.

272 successor and a dedicated streamer are the most mentioned ones AFAIK.

At least it would finally give us lock screen now playing widgets/notifications :slight_smile:

So having not been around for previous announcements if there is a new product coming is it likely they will do a press release announcement before the show or will they leave it a mystery until the actual event?

It’s hard enough to get people to go to these things. Especially with covid. I assume it will be announced on the day

1 Like

Any news products that have been launched at various shows in the past have usually been announced to the public with a launch on the first (press) day of the show.

4 Likes

You can find a “compliment” that should be “complement” further up the thread if you care to look for it.

PR is now handled by “little red rooster pr“ so follow them on twitter etc if you want the scoop.

2 Likes

But there is no hint from Naim even only 10 days before the Munich show?

Is this an IQ quiz? Which one does not belong to the group Berkshire/London/Berlin/Paris ?