What’s the last movie you saw in the cinema

Parasite. Very good. Before that was Jojo Rabbit
Also excellent.

1 Like

The call of the wild, with my daughter.

3 Likes

The original is an excellent classy film which I show my kids once a year at Christmas time-ish. I have not seen the remake, and now I will not.

Saw this recently at the Cinema. What a fantastic film that captured her real persona brilliantly through a documentary style filming approach, enabling chance and highly emotional filming of the subjects.

A spine tingler and great sound.

2 Likes

Of all the post-PF projects, Nick Mason’s SOS is the most fun, and has the most interesting setlists. This movie will be released on BRD and DVD next month, but tonight they showed it at selected cinemas. I saw it at my local, the Clapham Picturehouse. It’s zippily directed and the sound was superb. Like me, @Denis_Anderson was at this very gig and I’m sure he’ll agree that this movie is a splendid memento of a great night.After the movie there was a good natured Q&A between the band and fans. Nick seems to have turned into The amiable Old Buffer Of Rock, a role that suits him just fine. Looking forward to seeing the Saucers yet again in May…

3 Likes

We saw Emma last weekend. A bit light and fluffy but a relief after The Lighthouse.

As @TheKevster comments, the film is great fun and reflected a great night at the Roundhouse. I was standing next to some Liverpool fans (who I think were playing that night) and the singalong to ‘Fearless’ was fantastic, creating one of the best atmospheres I’ve heard at a gig. I think most of the ‘Crowd’ singing was left out of the film, which is a shame. Overall, I like the way the film conveyed the idea of the band forming and the excellent close ups of the musicians showing off their skillz. I won’t be seeing the RAH gig, but I will get the BRD.

1 Like

We’ve just watched it. Superb. Really enjoyed it. Thanks.

C.

1 Like

Well, it’s been a while!

It’s OK. Not the best, not the worst. Some nice moments in it.

Though my daughter saw it a couple of days ago and independently had the exact same thought as me, we weren’t really sure what the point of it is…

I was concerned there was going to be a lot of strong independent woman stuff in it but they have avoided that. Though there are copious amounts of strong independent mascara and eyeliner seemingly able to defy any number of smacks in the face.

Florence Pugh is good imo. Ray Winstone plays Ray Winstone, though not as well as he has done in the past.

2 Likes

now you have me very curious…

Are cinemas struggling in the UK, they sure are here. Even before covid they were suffering with numbers down and far too much competition.

This is the hifi equivalent of having a deep scratch on your record.

Just discussing with my wife when we last went to the Cinema. We think it was Bohemian Rhapsody, back end of 2018.

Not sure when the next one will be.

It has been awhile since I was in the cinema but went to see this today:

Parallel Mothers – Almodóvar delivers an emotional bundle of joy

Pedro Almodóvar’s poetic conviction and creative fluidity flow through this moving baby-swap drama about two single mothers and buried secrets from the Spanish civil war

2 Likes

Gosh, tricky one.

Probably The Greatest Showman and it was awful but daughter loved it.

Magnificent Viola Davis heads Gina Prince-Bythewood’s ass-kicking, thought-provoking epic inspired by a real-life all-female army

My wife dragged me to see this a few months ago, she had read the book. I enjoyed it. Really well done.

2 Likes

Saw it yesterday and enjoyed myself a lot….

2 Likes

OK, not the strongest of the GOTG movies and it does sail dangerously close to Mad Max 3 territory (without wishing to give any plot away) but still mighty good fun and 2 1/2 hours flies by.

It’s a yes from me. :+1:

3 Likes