What’s the last movie you saw in the cinema

Got to like the Guardian movies but my favourite is the firstbone

Saw it yesterday enjoyable

6 Likes

Does Star Wars 1978 count? (Last UK movie)

1 Like

Thought I was bad with 1994. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I can’t honestly remember but I’ve hated the cinema for decades.

This probably aligns with using projectors at home for quite some time with sound from the main or secondary hi-fi systems.

I love the bigger screen experience I can’t get at home but hate other people talking, using mobile phones, larking around or walking out en masse during the credits I actually want to see.

It may have been The Showman musical with my daughter and I didn’t really enjoy the music.

Bah, humbug!

1 Like

Victoria & Abdul
6 years ago… before that ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ in 2005.

I was appalled how expensive popcorns became! :astonished:

1 Like

Anyone been to see the Barbie movie?

My daughter went the other day and having seen a few good reviews online I was tempted to go except I’d have been cramping her style with her friends.

Strangely I spoke to someone over coffee at the gym today who’d been to see it with his wife and thoroughly enjoyed it - a mere whippersnapper aged 79! Perhaps not surprising as Barbie was launched in 1959.

Watched Oppenheimer yesterday. Brilliant film well worth the visit.

3 Likes

Did you double it with Barbie.

2 Likes

Rather personal question.

Oh

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:wink:

1 Like

Daughter has just gone to see it with her friends - doesn’t sound very cheerful subject matter for some teens to want to watch.

I saw the latest Mission Impossible today and really enjoyed it. Certainly one for the big screen. I thought the storyline was a good one and the set pieces quite spectacular. There was a nice vein of humour running through it was so not totally serious.

3 Likes

I think they are the very audience that need to see it.
The younger generation will always benefit from exposure to as wider range of subjects as possible.
It would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the film.

Saw Oppenheimer last night. Wife and I debated it long after and found it very uneven. Over-complex, in need of a good screenplay edit and unconvinced that all the multiple time lines were even needed. However still gripped by many sections and the central performances. A few fine cameos too (Gary Oldman, Casey Affleck) but Tom Conti as Einstein oh no!

Masterpiece? Not for me but probably still essential for a film fan or indeed Nolan fan.

Bruce

1 Like

Went to see Barbie yesterday with my wife and daughter. It was very funny. Well acted and produced with a bit of a Bollywood feel to it. My 10 year old enjoyed it but didn’t appreciate a lot of the funny bits.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, the soundtrack’s pretty good too

1 Like

It looks very Kitsch and tongue in cheek - and original

I think I will wait for it on Sky

All of the above!

2 Likes