What’s the last movie you saw in the cinema

I went to see it last night and absolutely loved it. Had to get over the fact that Mattel are the producers and are re-writing their own history plus the 100+ product placements. Having said that it is a very smart film and very, very funny. Ryan Gosling absolutely steals the film and has all the best lines - great turn.

3 Likes

No he had to take his wife.

Whose wife did you take?

2 Likes

Just saw Napoleon. Thought this would be a great movie, but was not so impressed as I wanted to be. The movie was very often set in subdued colors or even grayish tones, missed a bit connection in the storyline, and was also missing context of some key moments. Many people bashed it for issues with historical accuracy, but I am ok with that, as it’s not a documentary……

2 Likes

I wish I could remember!

Maybe ‘The Greatest Showman’ or some cartoon with a bull.

I went to the BFI on Southbank last night to see a new 4K restored print of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger’s ‘The Red Shoes’ - absolutely brilliant. The usual wit and imagination plus Moira Shearer’s stunning dancing. Unfortunately the P&P season ends this year so not much time left to see it. Hopefully the new print will be released on Blu-ray.

Picturehouse are running a pre-Xmas season of films about food. The weekend before last I went with my daughter to see ‘Babette’s Feast’ which I last saw on its release in 1987 (ish). What a fantastic film - beautifully shot and actually v moving. The dinner scene itself is just superb

3 Likes

I went to the movie theater for the first time in about 5 years. Saw Godzilla Minus One and absolutely enjoyed it!

I also saw Godzilla Minus One. Great film.

Saw Napoleon last week.

DG…

How was he?

2 Likes

Looking rough, to be honest.

DG…

Long time dead

1 Like

IMG_2050

1 Like

And…?

Transformers: Rise of The Beasts in the home cinema.

Not finished it yet, but the first 40 mins were really enjoyable, cast just seemed to gel with the pyrotechnic SFX.

I don’t get out much. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I found this a bit disappointing. The new Hunger Games was good though. Also saw Die Hard at the cinema.

Great soundtrack to The Hunger Games movie.

Just back from seeing the winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes this year - Anatomy of a Fall. Ostensibly a courtroom drama , this is actually a highly ambiguous dissection of marriage and what happens when women do not conform to archetypes. Fantastic acting, particularly from the lead, Sandra Huller, make this one of my films of the year, along with Past Lives. Highly recommended

3 Likes

On Thursday I got to see the 2023 75th anniversary restoration of P&P’s The Red Shoes at PIcturehouse Central on Shaftesbury Avenue. A picture I’ve seen many times and it never fails to dazzle, especially on the big screen.

7 Likes