What’s your most extreme ‘out there’ tweak?

I’m talking borderline ‘They’re coming to take me away ha ha’ level tweakery, with pics, or it never happened.

Above is a Mogami screened 3.5-3.5mm mono patch lead (I just use one!) to carry the ‘system automation’ signal between ND555 & NAC552.

I’m sure the thin unscreened one I had before was impacting the fidelity, marginally.

There, I’ve said it.

Anyone else at the margins?

G

Edit - I posted a pic of the wrong cable earlier. Senior moment!

1 Like

My speaker cables are on little towers of wood - no idea if it makes a difference but I had fun making them and it creates a conversation…

6 Likes

I own various speaker cables, Chord signature, Mogami 3103, Kimber 8VS and my long time favorite, NACA5 which although I no longer use Naim amplification is my preference to all the others.
Just before Xmas I read somewhere, true or not that Naim originally recommended 6mm2 twin and earth so out of interest, thought I’d give it a try. One month later it hasn’t been out of my system apart from to fit Deltron bananas on the amp side and black sleeving so it looks a tad better.
TBH, I’m utterly shocked at the results as am thinking it could be my new favorite, the only downside being that I’ve lost a little fruitiness compared to NACA5.
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Go on then:

A happy G4 box with little home made wooly winter shoes, yeah…:crazy_face: ATB Peter
PS. It did accomplish a ground breaking uplift.

10 Likes

Give us a clue….what are they….any good?

I would see that as a definite downgrade🤣

1 Like

Erm, buying Dave DAC (new)…

2 Likes

I went through a phase of pipe lagging ALL cables… thankfully I’m cured now.

Why I did it… I’m not sure. It did seem to lower the noise floor a little, but not sure if that was all in my head :stuck_out_tongue:

32 Likes

It might be a bit early to give you the prize of the winner of the tweet thread, but you’re clearly a front runner and the one to beat.

.sjb

12 Likes

I feel almost normal again, thankyou😉

3 Likes

Heavens.

It looks like a cowboy plumber’s boiler install :flushed:

5 Likes

I’m over it now… just can wait for my speaker cable raisers to come lol :P.

3 Likes

You are a good sport Neil……for @Pete_the_painter you have a complete house remodel coming up….get the builder to double up on pipe lagging😉

2 Likes

I don’t even know what it is.

1 Like

Its used to insulate hot water pipes in the UK……or stop hifi cables touching

1 Like

I think they have to be insulated here anyway. I’m sure someone will tell me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

I’m sure the music sounds a little warmer too

1 Like

Phew! That was on my list to try. Only last week I was checking out Screwfix to find grey pipe lagging foam. Close one!

3 Likes

Moving house

4 Likes

Brilliant! This post was worth it for that pic alone. It’s priceless.

G

4 Likes