What speakers do you use with your NAP 300?

SBL’s (active) to NBL’s (active) now.

2 Likes

How does your NAC552 work with the Arcam? Do you use the AV Bypass mode, and the AVR 850 still powers the front (music) speakers? Does it work well? I have an AVR 850 with an NDX2 and am looking at upgrade possibilities. I’m considering:-

1. An XPSDR for the NDX2or even 555PS.
  2. A SN3 used in AV Bypass mode.
  3. A NAP250 to pre-out the front speakers.
    Any views out there on best ‘bang for my buck’?

If you use the AV bypass mode, the signal for the front speakers would be routed via your Naim preamp to the power amp. Volume control though would be via your Arcam. To indicate this is pertain all the green light on your preamp volume control goes out.

I’ve used this very successfully for many years. You need to connect the Arcam to the NAC using the pre out connections on the back of your Arcam.

Kudos Titan 606. Works a treat :grinning:

3 Likes

SL2s with active 300DRs, 552 and Tangerine Lp12. Love it!!

2 Likes

:SJB

You’re going to have to put another row in your spreadsheet.

I am the lucky owner of a pair of PureAudioProject Trio 15 Classics … these are open baffle speakers, each speaker has 2 X 15" woofers and a full range Voxativ ac 1.6PiFe driver …

The speakers are rated at 8ohm and 94db sensitivity … easy to drive, very fast with great bass response. Superb mid range … Speakers are a tad large at 24inch wide … 50in tall … and a maximum depth of 16in.

My room is a 22ft square with a 6 sq ft notch taken out of one corner and 10ft ceiling … the speakers are placed in the 16 ft “bay” … 3 ft from the side walls and 6 ft apart measuring from the inside edge, both around 2ft from the back wall.

They are my end game speaker. I really can’t speak too highly of them.

14 Likes

WA Duette 2s with Focal Sopra Sub - perfect!

1 Like

Show us the full set please:) they look very nice

Sopra 2 ! like them v.much

1 Like

Had 300 with ProAc D28 for 5 years before moving to 500. Source was NDS eventually replaced by ND555. All wonderful combos.

3 clear favourites (one of which I own!)

.sjb

I use the AV bypass on the 552. Therefore the front speakers are powered by the NAP300, but the AVR controls the volume. Centre, Rears and Sub volume controlled by the AVR. It works very well.

1 Like

What a fantastic combination…

Thx Stuart :wink:

1 Like

Hi Sloop_John_B

A new one for your list: Quad 2805. Dramatic clarity and detail. They throw more of it across the room to me than my Beyer headphones can a centimetre from my ear. Long term Quad user here and can’t get on with anything in a box anymore!

PS I also am greatly enjoying a recent purchase of an Auralic Aries 2.1

2 Likes

Ok, you need to add Magico S1 mk2 to the list to the list of speakers used with a NAP300dr, the speaker that “lack refinement, colors and texture”:wink:

1 Like

Focal Micro Utopia Be.

2 Likes

Sopra 2 with NDS/252/300DR. Fantastic. 11 feet equilateral triangle with listening position.

1 Like

Another vote for Ovator S400. They sound great, but might need to reassess if they are the weakest link in the future.

Where are all the B&W 800 series owners?

1 Like

Shahinian Hawks with RP10/252/300DR. Fabulous sound and not just in the listening position but all over the strange shaped room I am blessed with…

1 Like