What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

To complete my new system, I bought :

• 34 meters of VIABLUE EP-7S SILVER network cable (for two RJ45 wall outlets)

• Telegärtner RJ45 double wall socket and connectors for the cables

One of the cables will have the shield earthed at both ends.

The other cable will have the shielding earthed on the switch side only.

I’ll try both options.

I’m not going to remove the double network wall socket that I already have. I will add this one in addition. I will then also be able to compare this cable with industrial cat.6A cable.

I suspect that the version with the shielding earthed on the switch side only will give better results.

I will try those sockets with the Valhalla 2 Ethernet cable I bought recently. It’s a ridiculously expensive über-boutique cable.

I’m not a huge fan of tweaking, but this one is pretty simple. It’s a matter of unpluging the cable and choosing another socket.

4 Likes

Hi KJC, I’d be very interested to know how you get on with your new cleaner. It feels like a device I should consider too…

I feel that when it comes time to sell your home you need to be advertising it on a hifi forum classified’s section rather than a real estate site. :joy:

6 Likes

In real estate, selling should be avoided as much as possible. If we move, I will rent the house.

The question is: do I leave the electrical installation?

Of course not! I’ll take most of it with me :laughing:

The truth is that if we move, it will cost me a lot of money to renovate the living room for rental. :sweat_smile:

That’s another indirect cost related to HiFi :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Well we have already discovered that cost is no barrier to your project. I just hope that your outlay and efforts result in the satisfaction that you are seeking. Can’t wait to see the finished room. Good luck. :+1:

1 Like

You could do worse!

1 Like

Finally my SN3 arrived now awaiting NDX2…cant wait, been without proper sound for two months. Hope I hear upgrade from my loved uniti atom i sold!?

26 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and I’m sure you will be delighted with the NDX2/SN3 combination. Enjoy.

1 Like

Welcome to the world of those expensive white boxes arriving in indiscriminate sequences on the doorstep! My advice; connect it all up, get the music going, tell us all about the changes from the Atom and then leave the Forum!

4 Likes

Thanks for kind welcome @Mike_S @H2S I will certainly take my time and let it settle in and enjoy my time with it. Its always that fear of “will it sound good” in my home with my gear etc… And as you point out, this forum can be a dangerous place :slight_smile: seeing folks mansions with racks full of green logos, its easy to feel you need more hahaha. Will update sound observations after a while. Cheers!

2 Likes

A brand new ATC P1 that I collected yesterday. I wanted to use my ATC SCM19s in my second system, a Uniti Star that had Kef LS50s. The Uniti didn’t have enough juice for the 19s so this beast is the answer. The 19s came from my main system which now have Harbeth SHL5+ so its all change in Biggles Towers

10 Likes

You will not be disappointed with the P1……nor will the neighbours or street :blush:

1 Like

Budget for 2022 spent

Tangerine Audio Stiletto

Linn Kilmax Radikal 2

chord Signature RCA to DIN

Piggy bank empty ! Music full :grinning: :grinning:

28 Likes

Hi TaxJag,

The Chord company is on the roadshow in the Netherlands now- today at Lexicommultimedia and tomorrow Egelantier hifi in Belgium. Unfortunately I’m abroad those days so I can’t be there :pensive:

Greetings,
Kacper

Hi @A350 and welcome to the forum.

Any particular reason that you got rid of the Atom or did you just get the upgrade bug?

Peter

Hi-line for phono stage to 282.
Was a good buy. Hopefully a worthwhile one.

15 Likes

Those Klimax boxes do look good :sunglasses:

Yeah, saw it on several Dutch sites. But a bit to busy to go and I’m living up north so Lexicom is a bit to far away for a quick visit. But I’m not in the market for a Powerhaus at the moment. I’m very happy with my AQ 1200.

1 Like

I have the same issue… :blush:

1 Like

Hi Peter,

It was the upgrade bug, loved the Atom it was really a perfect device for what it is and worked perfectly with my then B&W 705s2 which sounded glorious. When I upgraded my speakers to Confidence 20 I could not achieve that great sond anymore and it was clear I needed a better amplifier to get some life into my new speakers. After first listen tonight with SN3 and NDX2 the magic is back and upgraded.

3 Likes