Kudos Titan 707 v Naim SL2

And as I tell my wife my ultimate Hi-Fi upgrade is to build a house with the perfect listening room although that is probably the topic of another thread! (And yes I am serious) i think both the 707 and the SL2’s could do justice to a perfect space.

1 Like

You’re probably a British royal and don’t dare saying so :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, thanks but no thanks….:wink: Best Peter

1 Like

You mean you no longer use HRH in official capacity… :wink:

…only privately of course, and now beginning to wonder what I got up to in my late twenties?! :joy: tehe Peter

There’s apparently more than one guy in the world who built a gigantic concrete horn speaker into their house/basement. The most famous one was an Italian guy but the web page is gone now. Google still finds pictures from this project and other ones.

I’m sure your wife will be grateful for my efforts.

More starting from here, for instance

9 Likes

Well RackKit, any news….:thinking: ATB Peter

They’re still in their boxes! :grinning: Planning on stripping down the system, cleaning & rebuilding everything back up by the end of this week and then hooking them up and seeing how they do.

Cheers, Rack.

:+1:t5:

1 Like

Hope you enjoy them. I ordered a pair last week and was told that it was good timing as there is a fairly hefty price rise imminent so you may want to get your demo done quick !

2 Likes

Where to go? My SL2 is not a perfect match to my 552/500

Could be good timing then!

Shame that as you’ve got a mega set up there. My SL2s are sounding great at the moment. They must’ve seen the Kudos boxes in the hallway, got nervous and decided to up their game! :grinning:

Even if the Kudos improves on the SL2s, I’m not sure I’ll be able to let them go as they’re so good to look and rarely come up for sale. They need setting up but that’s part of the fun.

Looking forward to finding out what the Kudos can do anyway. :sunglasses:

Cheers, Rack.

:+1:t5:

1 Like

Pull your finger out man. The suspense is rivalling the Solstice thread :wink:

2 Likes

Your comment is interesting. I have S400s and had thought once I get my NAC282/NAP250 a pair of Titan 606s would be the go to speaker.
Here in sunny, (but isolated), Perth there is zero chance of a demo.
We’ve only recently been blessed with a Melbourne dealer, (3000km away…).
Did you by chance get a comparison between the 606s and the S400s?

Such a move is such a personal choice, please don’t risk buying unheard … much better idea audition the models that ARE available, it would be astonishing if you didn’t find something amazing. Presume there’s a healthy hifi sector in such a major city?

Hey, just read your profile, you already know this :slight_smile: Apologies.

‘Steady as she goes’ is a good way forward here as you already know. There are a few speakers, which I’d like to listen to in my room: Vivid audio 45s and a pair of Wilson SabrinaXs. Couldn’t really afford a change and quite frankly it would take a miracle to push my Facts off the perch, the way my room is set up for them.
Always fun to play though :partying_face: shall be interesting to read your findings :+1:t3:Best Peter

Our systems are VERY similar I think and I use 808. Ditch the fancy cables, use Kudos speaker wires and the bundled hiline first. It worked for me.

What about Kudos 808?

I found some speakers you could try, at Or Audio, Bialik 39, Ramat Gan.
Verity audio Parsifal. Verity audio match well with Naim.