What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Thank you Mr. Roster. Of course my wife’s family and others are coming to my house for my sister in laws 75th birthday tomorrow so all I can do this afternoon is hook up everything. So almost a full loom of Audience for signal and almost full loom of Shunyata for power!

1 Like

WD40 already removed with Swissvax Quick FInish Opaque but the surface is still very rough and contaminated.
The player, prior to collection was serviced at LASA with including new front panel due to discoulouration on the behalf of the previous owner. However Mr Lotti, despite having noticed this tray issue, did not mention to me even, knowing how picky i am. Btw for peace of mind we have ordered a new tray.

1 Like

be really careful with WD40, it will destroy rubber and tarnish plastics very easily. Definitely best avoided.

3 Likes

Picked this up earlier in the week on the way to a short break in Norfolk. Finally got it home today so I should really unbox it and get it all set up…

Unfortunately it’s a bit too bloody warm down South to be inside and playing with Hi-Fi :hot_face:

19 Likes

Wow, looking forward to read your report. Thank you in advance. :grin:

1 Like

Not heard one, be interested in your views👍

1 Like

Good man, excellent piece of kit !

Enjoy

1 Like

One of these - ifi zen one signature
Burr brown dac , decode anything and a very rhythmic and natural presentation, and I have to say gives Nd5xs2 run for its money !

11 Likes

You’re in for a treat there…

1 Like

Is it Roon Ready? :thinking:

They do make decent DAC’s I’ve still got one of the original iDSD Micro, had the Nano before that.
Used it as a headphone amp to great effect too.

Yep…been running Roon all afternoon, and the lights change colour ala chord with sample rate and file types

Not sure how hot it would need to be for keeping me to open that box, but it would be seriously hot! :wink:
You sure will have a lot of hot listening sessions with it anyway. :wink:

Ok… it was an easy one.

3 Likes

I finally gave in and set it up. It’s sounding rather good from the off playing Happy Mondays (RIP Paul Ryder) via Roon.

I may be gone a while…

34 Likes

Found a DAC at a good price and went for it. Still have to wait some months to actually take it into use, as it first needs to travel across Europe :sweat_smile: I’m actually very happy with my ND5 XS2, but apparently spend too much time in this forum. Not considering an NDX2, but got curious when reading about the ND5 XS2 / nDAC combo :face_with_monocle:

18 Likes

Traitor :eyes::thinking::rofl::+1:

3 Likes

Which model is it?

The really cheap one😬

3 Likes

I was thinking about one of those. Keep me posted if you do any comparison tests. Or if you change your mind over a few weeks.

1 Like

Hope you have a nice Christmas and New Year, drop by in ‘23 with an update :+1:t2:

2 Likes