What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I’m thinking of their headphone amp as a replacement for the Naim 2 setup that I returned. They get great reviews and seem fantastic value.

2 Likes

Bought SN3, NDX2, wilson tunetots on Thursday they are coming on tuesday this week.

6 Likes

Just picked up Klipsch Forte IV’s to use with my Cayin (Headphone) 8 Watt 300 B SET amp. The Amp accommodates speakers. They sound incredible. What I can’t believe is on 8 watts I can play these at extremely loud volumes. The detail and soundstage is great. Bigger is definitely not always better. Go Flea Power…….

30 Likes

4 weeks in. I was expecting more smoothness and detail. Was not expecting this much more speed, dynamics and drive than the 282. Dare I say it makes the 282 sound boring?

2 Likes

Excellent choice! Did you also order the TT isolation platforms or the dedicated stands? I have both and they are a worthwhile upgrade.

Sorry Stephen :flushed:

I was hoping that Naim would deliver something interesting with a streaming preamp replacement this year. All we got was the Tin edition system so I started looking elsewhere…

Hopefully Naim will deliver that 555 level integrated amp :pray:

8 Likes

Impatient😁

2 Likes

Lost patience :grinning:

1 Like

It’s a solid choice you’ve made there. On the few occasions I had a chance to sit and listen to one as a source I was suitably impressed. I heard it along side a high spec vinyl setup and a 2x PS ND555 and it easily held court amongst it’s peers.
In a similar context it’s how I ended up getting a Selekt DSM instead of a Nova for my lounge setup. A little like an LP12 I was able to buy it and grow in to and to eventually spec it to support a 5.1 surround capability with HDMI ARC. It has a MM/MC input and options for DAC which are upgradeable. It has an Exakt hub should I have a need for that later as well.
Alas despite liking the Nova and indeed even having an Atom already I went with what met my needs from a brand/product I liked.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t hold your breath, but who knows might just be around the corner.

1 Like

I’m already saving up for it. I suspect that when Naim sort out their supply chain issues then, and only then, will they release their beast.:hourglass_flowing_sand::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Yes, not great times for releasing new products unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks - yes the ND555 would have been the obvious choice and I do really like what it does but in my particular rack configuration, Burndy dressing becomes a PITA. The Nova is a cracker and punches well above its weight but the Selekt is just such a flexible box. I heard one driving Kudos 505 speakers and that made a great combination…

1 Like

I love what the Selekt offers, it’s entirely modular and can be configured to a multitude of systems in a single box if needed, which is the route I took ultimately. It even has speaker tuning using Space Optimisation built in and I find the Linn controller app to work well.
I can see the draw for you and your product choice, it’s a single box high end source that doesn’t fall shy in performance relative to a fully loaded ND555. As you highlight it also doesn’t need 3 shelves to do its job or require gravity defying cable dressing.

2 Likes

Nice one James.
Do let us know how you get on with it. The Klimax DSM is on our shortlist too for when we simplify our music streamer nest of boxes.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Yesterday i added a new companion to my journey:

Really satisfied from the results comparing to the ph-1 / psu-1 combo, even it hasn’t break in yet.
A quick question to all the ph-10 owners:
Do you leave it on when not playing or on standby mode???
Thank you in advance,Vaggelis.

7 Likes

Standby for me.

1 Like

Which eq do you prefer???
The Columbia enhanced works better for my taste.

Standard RIAA for me. Hana SL cart P8.

1 Like

I always turned them on and turned off the display

1 Like