What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Standby, and std RIAA…

1 Like

Turned on, display off, std RIAA.

1 Like

8 Likes

Green with envy!

Our financial controller (me) reckoned the Klimax DSM3 was too spendy, so I’ve gone for the cheapskate version: DSM2 and Organik upgrade. Dealer is bringing it round to install next weekend. Fun times ahead, I hope.

Roger

5 Likes

Hi Roger – That sounds like a fine plan. I did look at that approach too, especially with Linn offering the Organik upgrade to basically bring the units up to near latest spec. Fantastic support and another reason I went down the Linn route as it extends the useful lifetime of the product.

In the end this unit came up for a very good price - with a good trade in on the NDX2 and a bit man maths, the deal was done.

Look forward to hearing how you get on – That’s a nice simple setup you’ve got with the Active ATCs. My kind of system !

James

2 Likes

So is the DSM2 replacing the vega? Will be interested to hear what you think.

1 Like

So how do the two Linns (KDSM2 and 3) compare to the NDX2?

You are right. They play beautifull. Best upgrade untill now.

2 Likes

New Rega P6 :heart_eyes: A long awaited one! Just fitted Ortofon Black, sounds a bit harsh on the top end but i believe some burn in will fix that. Absolutely love it albeit have to hassle with cables and hum a bit :smile:

21 Likes

Pretty sure Rega don’t recommend the use of record clamps and doing so might invalidate their warranty

2 Likes

@thanks for the advise @Stilts . TBH i was not even aware of that :worried:. I’m still new to Rega’s world, so many things to try… the reason of using record clamp is that i can’t use Ortofon cartridge with mat as VTA seems doesn’t match :frowning: using it directly on the glass platter which is i know not the best way… will try to fit now my AT-VMN95SH to give it a try until i order something serious (Ania/Ania Pro)

@BBWan just curious to get some first day’s/first week experience (Thread 2400)?
Is the WH interlink running in well, in line with your expectation? :pray:t3::wink: … (ordered a similar one, to replace a Chord cable :crazy_face:)

No worries. Regarding the mat, you’ve probably not got the arm setup correctly - it’s unlikely that the mat/cartridge combo are incompatible. You should have arm instructions in the box, if not the Rega website has a downloadable version. Alternatively, I’d try a thinner third party mat - Corado are popular/good.

1 Like

I’ve listened quite a lot and been back and forth a number of times. I really wanted to like the WH because it’s beautifully made and I love the black and white…but it was the Chord Signature for me.
I’d say they’re comparable in overall quality, but the WH is smoother and more laid back. It took away some of that Naim attack that I love.
Like I say I went back and forth, but when I was listening to the WH, I missed the Chord and when I was listening to the Chord I wasn’t thinking about the WH. So think I’ve made my decision.
I completely get why people love the WH though and depending your system/speakers, room, taste etc it may suit you perfectly (as it does for many). It’s better value than the Chord too (if buying new), but second-hand they’re pretty much the same price (mine were both s/h and well run-in).
As with everything in this game you’ve got to listen for yourself and I’m glad I have done just that. I’ll leave it for a while, then probably retry it.
Hope you get on well with yours, think they take a while to run in from new mind.

1 Like

Helpful comments, thx. :wink:
Now I’m even more curious … just have to wait some weeks :+1:t3:. Had a different experience when replacing my Chord Signature TA for a WH further down the signal path. It’s all about one’s specific situation :muscle:t3:: needed a bit more smoothness, less focus on the top-end!

I assume it is the same as my p10 which means you cannot adjust VTA. In which case shims would be needed

I’m going to hang on to the Vega for a bit. It’ll either form the basis of a second system, or be passed on to my son or I might sell it eventually. I did a shoot out between the Linn and the Auralic at the dealer’s and the Vega acquitted itself remarkably well, especially once I allowed for the price difference. But particularly with complex classical pieces the Linn gave more insight into the orchestra and singers in a choir had more individuality. Jazz, too had an extra dose of realism. I did consider moving towards an Auralic stack, but I’m not sure I want to head back in the multiple box direction and the 2.1 boxes don’t quite match the original boxes.

I’ll report back after a few days of playing with my new toy.

Roger

You should use the mat. Don’t worry unduly about the VTA, or fit a Rega spacer under the arm if it bothers you.

1 Like

. Ndx2. Hicap sn3 installed today- with the tunetots…. Sounds so nice

15 Likes

Found the issue :slight_smile: It was all about adjusting cueing platform height ) Now i suppose i can use plenty of mats (will look for recommended ones on the forum). Now everything seems to be aligned and ready to spin! :smiley:
Thanks @anon4489532