What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Thanks for the info. I currently run a 282 into my new 40a speakers but intrigued by a 1 box (plus turntable) solution. A klimax DSM and LP12 with urika 2 is an interesting option, though not thrilled with digitising the TT. Also, not happening anytime soon as have only had the 282 for 7 months.

It’s a great combo, at least I sure love my combo. :heart:

1 Like

Don’t worry about the VTA, read this:

But if you’d like to err on the side of caution, a few members here have had success with spacers.

1 Like

Ok I’ve just purchased for myself a brand new PowerLine at a really, really keen price. Needless to say I can’t wait for it to arrive along with my new AudioQuest Vodka Ethernet cable. Trouser flaps are at the ready :sunglasses::+1:

9 Likes

Just picked up a NAC82 and HiCAP to replace my 202…

5 Likes

These arrived today, witch hat phantom.

Are they directional?
Just waiting for the nap 250dr, which I think will be quite a while.

13 Likes

Yes, each banana plug plastic cover should be labeled “amp” or “speaker”.

3 Likes

You’re right :+1::joy:
Many thanks

1 Like

as You can see on the picture You provided :wink:

1 Like

Ain’t I a berk.
It’s me age.

1 Like

no offence. could have been me. I rather ask onthe forum before reading the manual.

2 Likes

Or the excitement of a lovely new set of cables. The excitement of new stuff has caught me out many times :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is also a big fat arrow at the speaker end, for those who struggle to read big words like amp or speaker!! I used the arrow and didn’t even notice the writing for ages.

Because I didn’t know that generally speaker cables have arrows on them I at first thought that was a tiny house lol

3 Likes

Guys thanks for your replies and no offence taken. As you say, when you get a new piece of the hi-fi jigsaw all you want is to hear your new purchase and hope the expense is worth it in sound quality.

1 Like

Gradually continue my upgrade journey :slight_smile: A new package has arrived today. Already impressed with Sbooster PSU plugged into my Pro-Ject Phono Tube Box S2. What a difference it has made albeit they say it needs at least 100 hours of burn-in. Highs are more refined and don’t sound bright and “edgy”, soundstage is extended upwards and backwards, more space and air between instruments and yes, that decay :fire:! Totally worth every penny ) Mackenzie is now being hooked with my sub, couldn’t hear a big difference yet though but i believe it needs a bit of time to start shining.

3 Likes

On

The Sbooster is giving great results on my EE8 Switch. I will switch back to the stock wall wart in a few weeks as the NDX2 is only 6 1/2 weeks old just to make sure it was the Sbooster and not the NDX2 getting better as it beds in.

5 Likes

yep Sbooster on my innuos zen mini… great little thing for the money

1 Like

I had a Sbooster at ATR/Project TT. Consider buying one for the Rega Planar 8.