What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Ah ok, makes sense. I have Cinnamons atm so was interested. Presumably a significant uplift in SQ to Vodka, just a pain that I need a 3m minimum (£££)

Ouch! Yes i certainly haven’t bought new this time around, regarding Ethernet cables. I would certainly keep a look out on the used markets in all the usual places. There are plenty of bargains around just lately. There is a significant jump up in performance from the Cinnamons, as one might expect considering the price increase and where the Vodka lays within AudioQuest’s range. Maybe you can trial them through a dealer? I’ve purchased mine blind and have no regrets.

For now, i’m still on the fence, but i’m sure i wouldn’t really miss it if it just all of a sudden stopped working for instance…

Maybe run 2 channel only for a few weeks and see how you feel without it in the mix.

1 Like

I am impressed by what the Vodka has done to SQ, was not expecting such a noticable immediate change
Surprising that they opted to only name it Vodka !!

1 Like

Your posts don’t read much like ‘on the fence’!

Sell it and buy other stuff :upside_down_face:

Crikey, what a difference! I had best get ordering two more. Chuffed as punch! PowerLine now on my XPS DR :musical_score::eyes::hugs:

9 Likes

Enjoy, I don’t think you’ll find that particular purchase contentious at least.

3 Likes

252 is with our dealer, just need to pick it up.

Oh, and get SWMBO to order a rack :laughing: and book an electrician :sparkler:

Saturday update - 252 home, rack ordered! Can’t wait…

3 Likes

No-way. What the n-SUB really needed was a PowerLine and more Vodka in the system. Wow! :open_mouth:

1 Like

@Stephen_Tate

N-sub been transformed then?
From a lumpen beast that’s adds nothing…
To?

Being able to up the gain and hear real bass without it trouncing the n-SAT’s musicality. Seriously, i’m lost for words.

1 Like

Wow, that’s some turnaround.
The N-sub stays then?
Glad to hear it!

As i say, i’m lost for words :thinking::flushed:

Bit like I was when I connected the 300.
Good feeling innit?

2 Likes

My money’s on ST saying the NSub is a superfluous pile of poop again once the thrill of the ‘new’ has worn off.

Get a Kudos Titan 505 to see what a real state of the art standmount sounds like, after an amp upgrade first.

1 Like

After one week of running in I powered the 555 down due to three weeks of holiday. Now back on. How long do you guys assume will the burn in period last?
BTW: The now gone loudness effect is a plus in bass extension rather than a loss in SQ.

Bought a 3m Audioquest Vodka Ethernet cable at a real bargain price, to replace my Cinnamon. Hopefully when it arrives it will be a great improvement, if not it will be sold on. I blame @Stephen_Tate for this purchase :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmm… I wonder how the Powerline would be on the NSub?

1 Like