What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Also curious, I’d pondered putting a trio under my Atom.

Too early to say :blush:Just put them there and haven’t had time evaluate properly yet.

1 Like

I have this on loan from a very kind fellow enthusiast to test against the onboard MM stage inside my Linx Nebula part of my 2nd system also featuring a Planar 1 and UQ2 on streaming duties.

I’ve also bought an AT VM95 EN cartridge to replace the Rega Carbon and will also try an old metal subplatter to replace the plastic one.

5 Likes

as an update on the ifi zen one sig, after the initial wow and running it for a week, ultimately it was very detailed, de coded everything, but a little cold in the mid range. bass is great and deeper and dryer than the nd5xs2 but the vocals lost some of their projection, warmth and texture… SOOO now ive sold the nd5xs2 ive jumped on an open box chord qutest… arrived yesterday and this is more my cup of tea.

2 Likes

i have a elliptcal stylus replacement on mine, from the usa. have a google it was about £30 and a useful uplift in detail and clarity but still sounds like the carbon.

I did consider that but a new 95EN appeared for £30 and being an Audio Technica MM pretty much a straight swap set up wise.

Interesting with Zen Mini you don’t need a streamer just a dac so makes sense.
Qutest is a bit different presentation from Naim but if “your cup of tea” all good and from trades maybe some surplus funds for more music. Enjoy.

Yep quite a lump freed up…but sn3 staying for sure

3 Likes

The mk3 I think has a built in dac

1 Like

Yes it has… it’s ok by no better than a cheap fio one so pretty much a get you going. But I guess with other gear instead of Naim and Atc it would be perfectly fine.

Just upgraded my speaker cable by replacing an Ansuz X2 for an A2. Amazing.

1 Like

I’ve got a CNC machined stainless sub platter and white delrin platter on our P1. Made a noticeable difference when combined with Elys2 cartridge.

Very nice @IainO and something to think about.

Well, I just purchased my first ever bit of Naim equipment, a second-hand NAIT 5.

17 Likes

Welcome to the club, be careful it’s addictive. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome, lot’s of fun ahead.

To say I’m impressed is to say nothing :smiley: New Hana EL is being meticulously mounted today :smiley: and currently burning in. Already noticed a difference - a whole new world of MC sound. I know Hana SL would’ve made even more difference but that is yet to come someday :slight_smile:

20 Likes

You lost your bottle?

All the Hana’s are great for the money.

2 Likes

After a brief home demo from my brilliant dealer, I’ve just received and added a Power-Line to the Nova. I was such a cynic only a few months ago and would read all the comments on here and scoff - “it’s just a kettle lead!”.

Decision to buy it took less than a minute. You lot were right, I was not. Fantastic upgrade.

22 Likes