What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Yep , my decision was less than a minute also

I too have a Nova,

Interesting that you have B& W 705S2 , they are a speaker I think would go very well with the Uniti range , especially the Atom and Star

Also to @BobbyYork

Ian, mainly due to your frequent praise of Powerline & Nova combination, l am picking one up from my dealer next week for a home demo.

I am very skeptical that I will hear any improvement over the Powerline Lite.

Hope to be proven wrong but will be surprised if I am.

Should this be the case I will get my dealer to invoice youā€¦

Please send any correspondence to my solicitors

Sue, Grabbit and Run - who will require a commission payment in lieu of a Consultancy Fee

4 Likes

Think I have had dealings with them (or very similar) before!

Sadly i think they are all the same. Just keep an eye on the spiralling costs due to the paralegals which is a full time job in itself :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I get on really well with the 705s, thanks. Theyā€™re not the last word in loud speakers, but to my ears they are great and the whole system seems nicely balanced. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll change/upgrade at some point, but Iā€™m really enjoying where I am for right now. Best set up Iā€™ve ever had, and by some distance.

Incidentally, I also recently upgraded to the matching b&w speaker stands for the 705s, rather than some cheaper Linn stands. When auditioning the nova at my local dealer, he used the 705s on their matching stands and to me they sounded fuller and richer than mine. I had convinced myself it was perhaps room differences etc., but it left an itch! So after a month or so, I home demoā€™d the stands and they definitely do made a big difference, especially to the low to mid bass.

2 Likes

My upgrade was from the standard cable, not the Lite, so canā€™t say what difference that would make. My dealer had a pre-loved ā€œfull fatā€ power-line, so it was a slightly easier decision.

Thank you,

Ian

I auditioned the Hana EL about 4 years ago. It (for me) left some of the more expensive competition in the dust. On the strength of that audition I went for the SL, and put over 1200 hours wear on the stylus (in less than three years, which is exceptional for me) before upgrading to the ML.
All of the Hana cartridges just sound ā€œrightā€ to me. No flash, no glitz to their performance, just even-handedness with any material they are asked to play. The wear on the SL became evident after about 1100 hours play with a very slight loss of focus and fine detail, very benign.
From my experience, the SL and the ML did not reach their peak until Iā€™d put about 70 hours play onto their styli. The EL obviously has a different stylus profile to these, but it will still need a good few hours play to reach its best. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Ordered Witch Hat Phantom jumpers for my Tannoys which are now listed on their www.

14 Likes

What cartridge did you have before?

Hi @sandman922, i used AT-VMN95SE

A new NDX2 arrived today!

44 Likes

Enjoy - great bit of kit :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Very lightly used Powerline at a good discount from new price. Final one for our new system, nearly there!

From a dealer we hadnā€™t used before, but very helpful on email and the old dog and bone.

2 Likes

ā€œFinalizedā€ my full Ansuz loom by adding a Mainz8 A2 power distribution block. Now all set on this part of my rig, ready for future updates on source and speakers if funds allow in the future.

2 Likes

Just installed my new to me 2019 SupercapDR which replaced the HiCapDR on my NAC 282. The Supercap has certainly made a difference to the SQ I now have lot more of everything. MrsT even noticed the difference and she rarely pays attention to the change in boxes. I didnā€™t realise it was so humid until I had stripped down and rebuilt the Fraim. :sweat:

7 Likes

Thats a really nice upgradešŸ‘

1 Like

Trouble is I can hear a 252 calling :smiley:

6 Likes