What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I know…….i fell for it’s call🥺

1 Like

FTFY :wink:

Yes it is. The 282 HicapDR was noticeably better than my 272/XPS but not drastically. The SupercapDR took it to the next level.

The 282/SupercapDR is great so you can take your time and wait for a freshly serviced 252.

That’s what I did. I don’t know why but it’s the best 252 I’ve heard. There’s magic dust in a full service/recap.

2 Likes

Added the last Shunyata Alpha NR V.2 to my system. Power is now all Shunyata AlphaV.2 for Power. Signal is all Audience FrontRow

14 Likes

I have Alphas as well and very happy with them. Not wishing to spend your money Opus but have you looked at Everest?

@delta I have, but I’m happy with my Denali 6000S V.2. My next upgrade will most likely be my Auralic Aries G1 to the new G1.1 or a G2.1

1 Like

Audiolab CDT6000 and iFi Can.

Both just plugged in and straight out the a Audiolab sound fantastic, yet to do some side by side testing against locally streaming my rips from the Core

19 Likes

Be very interested in that comparison Pete

I’m using CD5XS as transport into NDAC

Have ripped CD’s in Core but can’t do comparison as 100km apart

Let’s know . Mate of mine has the audiolab he swears by it

3 Likes

It’s got a nice laidback sound, lots of detail.

3 Likes

Luxman DA-06 DAC to complement my reference Chord QBD76 which has been a permanent fixture in my system for about 6 years.

19 Likes

I was very sure you would like it.

It’s a cracking bit of kit, especially at it’s giveaway price

1 Like

Consistent cabling makes sense IMHO

1 Like

A nice turntable would complete your system😂

2 Likes

Don’t go there mate !!! Pete might blow a gasket :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Damn @Gazza that’s a great idea why didn’t I think of that. :grin:

1 Like

Well it would round out your options Pete :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Start saving young fella

Us pensioners can’t afford those fancy turntables

1 Like

Expensive soundbar, but it will get used for more than that.

Not that i’m complaining, but curious why the big price drop on these at the moment.

5 Likes

Luxman do such short production runs - the DA-06 seemed like it was gone in a flash. That DA-06 box looks pristine. NOS?

1 Like