What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Poor Madame Lolo. Not easy to have that name. Specially if she worked only with guys.

1 Like

Pleased with it Graeme ?

I’ve not had a minute to plug it in yet. Friday will be the day I swap out the Lite.

Must look up that post about seating it properly.

G

1 Like

One less job for you. Let us know how it goes :+1:

1 Like

Thanks very much indeed. I didn’t realise instructions existed for this but knew I had read a ‘how to’ in a forum post some time back.

Big help!

G

1 Like

This is how I home demoed a Linn Akurate DS3 with a goal to lose a lot of Naim boxes. It was very good but unfortunately no clear idea of what the trade in deal was. So I stuck with what I had, which was just serviced

Latest edition for the bedroom system, an Oppo BDP-95EU Blu-Ray/multi format player. The new Samsung TV to which it will be connected for video is due to arrive on Friday.

This is the version with the upgraded analogue section, which meant it retailed for twice the price of the “standard” BDP-93 when new. I got this one for an acceptable price on the Bay and it sounds great through the Audiolab amp.

4 Likes

I replaced my Rega RP8 with a P8 a few days ago. Very nice sound improvement but some disappointments with QC - sub platter is not evenly machined which causes the plater to rock if you press it (someone else here mentioned this I think). I can’t get more than 3.5mm of spacers under the arm (I had 5mm under the RP8) - only one screw grabs thread at 5mm. The other two grab at 4mm & 3.5mm. Some stray glue on the plinth and speed adjustment that doesn’t correspond to the instruction manual (there are no .01 increments or blinking lights). But it is dialed in and does sound lovely.

1 Like

Just installed a Shunyata Research Venom X EF Power Cable on my Supernait 3.

1 Like

How does it sound ?

Good? What did it replace? Their new Venom X speaker cables just won a big test.

Got the latest Lumin U2 Mini, just had it installed. Will have a careful listening this weekend.

15 Likes

Tweeters for my SL2s.

During the install I then discovered the left speaker tweeter was previously wired out of phase by the previous owner !!!

The old tweeters were knackered the surrounding foam squishy and looking very tired.

Anyway re-soldered all the connections with the correct phase all round and in go the new tweeters.

Bloody hell the system sounds incredible I’m now hearing what the DAVE / 552DR are now capable of, amazing.

I’ve lived with one tweeter out of phase for several years with the following kit thats passed through

272/555DR, 282/SCDR, 252DR its a shame I probably didn’t hear these at their best!

7 Likes

I recently bidded and was successful in winning an RP6 with PSU - now need to think about the cartridge and considering the Exact which I believe is the go to - unless there’s any other recs?

2 Likes

It’s as good a starting point as any.

1 Like

Hi @NoNaim I’ve just ordered some Townsend Seismic Podiums for my ATC 40’s and just came across your picture whilst doing a search. I assume these are the size 2 (load cell C?). Couple of questions if I may:

How are you finding them? and do you have anything between your speaker and the podiums?

Thanks

Paul

What is it replacing?

1 Like

That was probably the cheapest upgrade ever… :+1:

1 Like

At first I thought the Lumin looked a bit boring, but I am now eating my hat. I really like the minimalism, the simplicity of the design…

1 Like

Hi Paul –

FYI I’ve got some and think they’re great. One tip, which is obvious but can be overlooked, is always make sure you wind the cells tight (un-sprung) when moving the speaker on/off – noting that once the speaker is on, it’s not advisable/sometimes possible to slide the podium, even a tad.

I used a tea towel with mine (still do), as while John (very nice man at Townshend) said the top finish is very tough, they were initially ‘sale or return’.