What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

@Gracie.1 yup I’m in the US, New Jersey. I’d strongly recommend that you try out The Cable Company. You can Borrow pretty much anything they have millions of $ in their lending Library. Just google them. Ask for John Pharo, long time friend of mine!

1 Like

Hello Nigel B - Can you choose a specific upgrade or two that I can zero in on to help answer you query more precisely?

Opus - I purchased Shunyata Venom X EF and many other items from TheCableCompany in the past. I currently running VooDoo Cables Vision Digital on my nDAC and the Vision Analog on the Teddy XPS power supply. They’re 10 awg silver plated copper and sound great as a pair however after hearing the Venom X EF on the Supernait 3, I’m making a change asap.

NugelB - This is my first Naim rig. I chose to keep the Oppo due to it’s versatility. 3 USB’s, universal disk player, pleanty of digital outputs ro connect to the naim nDAC digit hub.

@Gracie.1 If I can make a suggestion. Save up for a Shunyata power distribution unit. The Hydra delta D6. Look for a nice pre-loved unit. As long as it’s in excellent condition it has a lifetime warranty.

Also I’d suggest borrowing the Black Cat SilverStar 75 MK 2 Digital, the Shunyata Venom X digital and the Shunyata Delta v.2 digital.

Oh and to answer your earlier question Shunyata absolutely has digital cables that are competitive, and several that are flat out better than the Chord!

1 Like

My question was aimed at Andyblain.

My apologies,

Those are fantastic at dissipating cabinet vibrations, you are going to love them, work great in both bare floors and carpet.

1 Like

I’ve been having my eyes on the Shunyata Research Delta NR V2. Any experience on this line of power cords?

1 Like

I got an irresistible offer by my Naim dealer to upgrade my source (NDX2). Will swap the devices in early September. I just couldn‘t live with the situation that my PS555DR does not use 100% of it‘s potential :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I changed my whole NAIM system (555/555PS) and have a dCS streamer/clock now. There is a separate thread on here titled “NEXIT”. I find the new system much more detailed, with a bigger soundstage, and is far less fatiguing. It did cost more though. I have no regrets.

6 Likes

I’d suggest you try it! All of the newer V.2 cables are excellent. I use all Alpha V.2 in my system. I use one Alpha v.2 XC to go from wall to my Denali and everything else is NR. Have fun !
Keep in mind the XC version is typically used from wall to power distributor, NR is used on preamp or integrated, Dac, streamer etc good info on Shunyata’s web site

1 Like

Glad you managed to make contact. A suggestion for when you get the Podiums. I do not know whether you will use spikes with the 40A or not. Personally, I do not use them at this time. However, if you put some beer mats on the Podiums, you will protect them (the surface is pretty tough though, just not sure with spikes) and under the speakers. The beer mats allow you to position easily the speakers on the Podiums and can then be easily removed.
One more suggestion. If you are moving the speakers onto the Podiums by yourself, then I suggest you stretch and warm up before lifting. They are after all, a dead weight 36Kg. A bit of stretching is a lot cheaper than a course of treatment with a chiropractor :blush:

No need to apologise.

Ha! Yes I’m well practiced at moving them but will try not to put my back out! I have a selection of felt and rubber furniture pads on order from eBay and use the dishcloth method for sliding them about to get best position ( as demonstrated on the IsoAcoustic Gaia web site). @NoNaim Would be nice to have your thoughts on any improvements made by adding the podiums?

Okay, a bit of background. Before returning to ATC again (previously had 40 passives Mk2), I had PMC Twenty5 26 speakers. A very good speaker, however when you have heard or had ATC speakers, you are always drawn back to them. I had Iso Acoustics Gaia with the matching spiked feet shoes, on carpet floor. Well for me, they really did not do that much. Only slight changes and I mean slight.
The first thing you will notice with the Podiums, is where has the bass gone.Do not worry, on closer listening you will hear it is all there and with greater articulation in the bass frequencies. It is like the bass output level being reduced on the mixing desk. This gives better integration of the mid range and treble, producing a overall more balanced sound. The sound space around the instruments also increases. I seem to remember @PeterR found similar results, with PMC Fact 12 speakers.
The main point I would make, is give it time to adapt to the new presentation.
As always, this is just my opinion and I could be talking utter rot. It is your system, room and hearing what counts. :blush:

1 Like

Ultimate Ears Boom 3 bought for my dad while he’s recovering from a new knee . For musical enjoyment, flexibility and value it’s amazing.

13 Likes

Wow, what a beautiful view!

1 Like

Its lovely and a nice change from London for a week .

1 Like

Thanks again @NoNaim for your considered and informative reply :+1: