What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Custom made cable, for more length and flexibility. A nice fit for my wood and bronze ZMF Verité headphone. Good value for money.

10 Likes

SN3 has returned after 2.5 months away being repaired and out goes the loaner Osiris. Quite a performance difference reverting to the SN3, it’s down on drive, bass and soundstage compared to the Rega although in many ways perhaps the SN3 is a little more refined and nuanced in some areas, overall though the Osiris was impressive albeit twice the price, a worthy contender to Naim separates for sure and if Rega can do it why can’t Naim?
Anyway it’s nice to have it back and I really missed the system automation via the app and the Rega is an awful looking thing which looks like it was designed back in the early nineties! Bring on the 500 series Integrated!

19 Likes

Hello Hollow - I too enjoy the Supernait 3. May I ask what platform your resting your kit on?

It’s just tempered glass cut to measure and sitting on gel pads, nothing fancy.

Hi Opus! I purchased a second Shunyata Venom X EF for my nDAC.

2 Likes

EF or NR ?

Witch Hat Murgana XLR cable for my 250DR

7 Likes

Venom X EF Power Cable.

1 Like

Any better than the NAC A5 ?

Why not wait for the Spectre ?

Absolutely. A no brainer and as we already know the 252+300 is the best amplifier in the world

Hi Opus - I spoke with Shunyata and they approved the Venom X EF for my Supernait 3 and nDAC. They suggested using the NR cables on my power supplies.

It’s not speaker cable it’s the connection between the Supercap and the 250. I’m waiting to see what happens when the Spectre speaker cables are released in September.

2 Likes

My Mistake. I’ll bet your system is sounding better and better!

That would make sense

1 Like

Oh got you now - I’ve never fiddled around with those interconnects

What’s the naim one then we have - just a normal snaic of some sort ?

Yes it’s pretty thin looking lead that I’ve often thought couldn’t possibly be the connection between the SC and 250. I’d asked Harry about a replacement (SL I think) that was going to cost thousands, this has cost £395 ($680 AUD) delivered.

That’s very reasonable

I’ve been thinking about interconnects and speaker cable but put my head in the sand when the SL prices went through the roof

A great mate of mine who has Dynavector gear ( and sounds really good I might add ) keeps telling me good interconnects are a must have and before speaker cables

1 Like

Have to say the their service was excellent, responded to my email in about 20m with the best options for my setup. thought I’d start with this and see what happens.

1 Like

Good one

Let me know how you go with it if it’s a great improvement I’ll be in the bandwagon

1 Like

Yes, the SL one is around $3.5K before the last and next price increases. Does a great job though.