What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

I had exactly the same experience with a Power-Line a couple months ago. Try one on your source! I have have two: one on the XPS DR and one on the SN2. Enjoy!

Out for the day with my wife hiking and late afternoon lunch and when I returned home a few hours ago the ‘Titanium Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders’ I ordered 6 days ago were in my were in my mail box. Within 30 minutes, with help from my wife, I had them installed under my ProAc D30RS speakers. So after listening to random tracks for the last two and half hours both my wife and I are quite happy with the results. Overall improvement in the sound, improved clarity, soundstage and bass. The best part was my wife has hearing loss and uses hearing aides and she was smiling and stating how much better the system was sounding.

As some folks have stated on the forum, I was gobsmacked!.

Value for money spent was outstanding and highly recommend.

If anything changes I will update, right now very happy with the purchases and pleased other members have mentioned Herbie’s Gliders previously.

15 Likes

Hi @Gracie.1 you might want to try out a Shunyata power unit. Maybe a Delta D6 or a Venom unit

I also use the Herbie’s threaded Glider’s instead of spikes.

1 Like

Hi @seakayaker they’re quite reasonably priced compared to a lot options I’ve seen mention here before.

3 Likes

I looked at buying the threaded Gliders to replace the spikes but decided to keep the spikes that came with the ProAc speakers and went with the Titanium Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders. Reading the reviews on Herbie’s Audio web site had positive reviews for both products and it was a really a coin flip on which one to choose.

Happy to hear another ProAc forum user had positive results with their products.

That is one of the reasons I went with them. First there were other member who use them and recommended Herbie’s products and the second reason was the 60 days return with full refund policy if not satisfied. The third was looking at other solutions for the size/weight of my speakers would have been close to double the cost if not more.

1 Like

Some I’ve looked at were $500 or more each. I could get 8 of those for under $200 delivered to Aus. Thanks for the heads up, cheers.

If choosing the 8 Brass Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders it comes to $224.00.

Looking at the web site and choosing 8 Titanium Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders and then selecting ‘AUD’ the price comes to $520.00

In US prices the cost for 8 Titanium Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders is $351.12

I just want to make sure you were comparing the same product that I purchased.

1 Like

Oops sorry I clicked on stainless steel and forgot the conversation, thanks.

Still a lot cheaper than most of the other options. :+1:

1 Like

And you can cut that out too, Mike.

3 Likes

There are probably some good deals to be had though as times get tougher😉

4 Likes

Especially tough for me when I get thrown out of the house.

1 Like

You got to move, thought the village mob were buying?

A long story that hasn’t concluded yet.

1 Like

Drop me an email if you feel like it😥

Or I can update you at the Audio Show East, if it happens.

Been cancelled until April 28/29 th next year……nobody had any new product until next year, lot of effort for no gain. Also Alistair mother has just died, so mentally I think it all looked hard work now, and perhaps all will be in a better frame of mind next year.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but understandable under the circumstances.

How are they compared to KEFs?