What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

OL platter mat. Mostly cos I managed to drop my felt mat and get it irrevocably (ok, I could gently Hoover it!) covered in spider web :scream: but also to give it a go!

ā€¦

Been a while since Iā€™ve listened regularly, due to holidays and work, but Iā€™m not disappointed. Tweaked the arm base down a bit to account for a couple of mm height lost compared to the felt predecessor. Will let it brew for a few weeks whilst I clean up the felt mat and swap back to see if thereā€™s a lasting positive impression.

4 Likes

Ordered Oephi speaker and power cables for evaluation. Got great reviews over at The Ear and in social media. Danish. Will hopefully get it during next week. Their speaker cables replaced the Tellurium Q Ultra Black II speaker cables they used for reference before.

PS: Just noticed Witch published a blog post on their page on the upcoming Spectre.

3 Likes

I tried a set of OePhi cables and was very impressed. Ultimately didnā€™t buy the speaker cables as they were SO BIG (7cm!) and I found the banana connectors very weak and insecure. However, presently running a custom built Transcendence RCA-DIN between my Qutest and 282 and really delighted with that. Beautiful looking cable too, very unlike the norm.

1 Like

Which of their speaker cable series was it? I believe they have a 5 year warranty at least.

Just a week ago my local dealer has loaned me this Japanese beast albeit their entry-level model. It took me first 10 seconds to realize how much i was missing :smile: Accuphase has such a big, full-bodied, warm and never-fatiguing sound! Now i understood how my KEFs were actually underpowered by Atom. Yet it has finally bridged the gap with pure analog playback listening to my lovely RP6 with Hana EL cart. Never thought my LPs can sound so sweet and warm. Can go on forever but better spin some newly added records! :smile:

P.s. i acknowledged that itā€™s kind of ā€œwalking awayā€from true Naim sound but my ears telling me i was looking for this amp all my journey :slight_smile: canā€™t stop listening and re-listening all my collection :slight_smile:

P.p.s Added TitanAudio Helios Signature high-current mains power cable and it just added more clarity, lower noise (which was almost absent) and dynamics.

23 Likes

Accuphase E-270?

1 Like

Are you keeping the Atom for digital playback? (I guess Atom pre-out could go into E-280ā€™s main in ?)

Thatā€™s right :slight_smile:

Transcendence also, Iā€™m pretty sure. Just REALLY obvious - you certainly couldnā€™t hide them from your other half. That aside, they sounded great.

2 Likes

Exactly, trying to sort it out as Atom does not have fixed pre-outā€¦so keeping the volume level at 70%.

1 Like

I moved house which required a bit of a rethink on speakers and speaker cable. My perfectly good Dynaudio Contours werenā€™t going to be an aesthetic match in the new place and the 4M runs of WH Phantom too short. I found a pair of Spendor A7ā€™s in black which were a customer return at a dealer for Ā£1k under RRP and ordered 5M of Chord Rumour X which was well-priced and a slimmer, more discreet profile than the Phantom. Darn sight cheaper too!

Good to hear. You wouldnā€™t know if you didnā€™t try the Accuphase in your system. 10 seconds was rather quick!

2 Likes

Absolutely! It all started with my reference track of Chris Jones and there you go! Snap! :smile: Accuphase is quite laid back sounding with all the juice and beef and IMO with Naim it really sounds just right.
Was even laughing ghat a friend of mine came for a long listening session and being a proud owner of Mcintosh MA252 he left my house pretty concerned about his setup :joy:.

1 Like

Yeah, i was also trying to make up a story how to explain the newly appeared champagne colored box (quite heavy one :smiley:) seems that i found one )

Opus - Thanks for the Shunyata feedback, itā€™s much appreciated. Yesterday I purchased a Shunyata Research Delta XC v2. I intend to power the SuperNait3 with it and move the new Venom X EF to the nDAC.

1 Like

You mean Delta XC or? Interrested to hear your thoughts on both power cords :+1:

1 Like

Ever helpful.

G

24 Likes

5 or 6e?

1 Like

I had previously tried the Isoacoustics Gaiaā€™s but didnā€™t like their setup peculiarities. Happy with the Herbies for way less $$

1 Like

Is that the second PS555DR? Graeme, would you kindly stop tempting me.

4 Likes