What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Slamadam -My apologies, the Delta XC v2. Regarding the Venom X EF Shunyata Research states “…The Venom X EF utilizes our VTX-Ag conductors, previously only available in the Delta level and above. These are our newest conductors, used in our speaker cables as well and have a pure silver core surrounded by pure copper. They work out to be about 90% copper and 10% silver. For the price, the Venom X performs well outside of its cost, some have compared it directly to Delta NR v2 and feel it competes favorably in most applications…” So far the X EF is performing to my expectations.

1 Like

Maybe he won’t like it and it will be on eBay in a couple of weeks🤔…….on reflection, I doubt it.

1 Like

The Venom X speaker cables also got high praise in a recent test published online and on YouTube. Seems like a great series of cables :+1:

1 Like

Same here in the house.
Game day:

5 Likes

LS50s were my main speakers for several years and a piece of stability as the sources and the amps changed. But once the main system got ATC40s I could not stand KEFs anymore as the sound was lacking (bass, mids, fun… you name it). So once I had the chance I got ATCs into the second system and now I can enjoy a much fuller (and comparable to the main system) sound there too. Not going back :slight_smile:

I can see you’re in Dubai in your profile. You can go to RAW Music Store Oud Metha - they have a good selection of speakers (they don’t have Naim though, so check with them whether you can use your source, should be no problem)

2 Likes

Thanks @Zhenya this is exactly where i got this Accuphase from :slight_smile: i know the owner pretty well and buying some stuff from them for a while.
I also auditioned ATCs SCM40, 19, 11 there. Absolutely loved them and i believe having more power now i can get them some day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is Nigel. ‘Previously enjoyed’ as they say.

It’s literally just been hooked up to see all is working ok, so more later.

G

2 Likes

This VW 6.1

17 Likes

Cat 1.

G

1 Like

Nice!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Look forward to your feedback. :grimacing:

1 Like

I read that as well. 8 guage speaker cable if I recall.

You should be over on the Statement and alternatives thread by now….

1 Like

I daren’t look.

1 Like

A pair of be yamamura interconnects to hear …

New uprated power supply winging it’s here for my QNAP TS-253A NAS device - iFi iPower Elite Power Supply 12v 4A in the wind.

2 Likes

Will genuinely be intrested to see, or hear, how this goes. I use my Synology NAS a lot ( to the point i sold my cd5xs). And whilst happy with the sound, wondered if it might be bettered ( at resonable money) with a quieter PS.
Although, ypu may need to use a Powerline for the very best sound?

1 Like

There was a discussion on this way back; I was considering whether to get a better power supply for my NAS. The overall view was that it wouldn’t make any difference. The NAS is after all just a little computer, sending data over the home network. I tried an ‘upgrade’ supply on my then UnitiServe once - the much lauded Teddy one - and it made no difference whatsoever. Total waste of time. I bought an ifi to power a Netgear switch once as well. That made no difference either. Luckily it conked out after a few months and I was able to get a refund. I’m very dubious about a lot of these power supplies, which seem to play to paranoia. The £299 could buy a good few downloads. It’s totally different to adding a power supply to a Naim box, where there are known advantages.

6 Likes

I changed the PSU on my TP-Link AC2100 router for a iFi iPower 2 and it made for an appreciable difference, so much so that streaming from Tidal is now preferable. I thought i’d try one for my NAS. Instead of reading others opinions i actually like trying things for myself. If it doesn’t work out i’ll send it back. Also, i don’t buy downloads, i either buy the CD and rip it or i stream from Tidal. Not interested in Qobuz or Hi-Res. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes