What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Aren’t they a deal more expensive than the phantom?

Absolutely. 1400 EUR at 2x3m.

1 Like

Interesting to see how they will compare with the new WH cables.

1 Like

Only thing I don’t quite like about the AQ Monsoon is that its quite cumbersome, if there was something further up the range more discreet I’d probably buy it . I haven’t recently thought to study their range. though . My understanding is that the mains cable feeding the Niagara is the most important and should definitely be from AQ . The other mains cables could potentially be other brands . I remember seeing Mark Grant makes a nice looking shielded mains .

I’m well pleased with the results - for iFi Elite, NAS, router and switch, using Yello power 4m UK to IEC female cable :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I just love their confidence!:grinning::+1:

5 Likes

Bought for me and not an audio component but it has personal significance and really does look the part

37 Likes

That’s really cool Richard :+1:t3: ATB Peter

2 Likes

You wont regret it, did the same in 2021 and the 300 dr still impresses me daily.

1 Like

Brand new and playing for about 24 hours now.

It replaces my beloved 200 after some 14 years (serviced). An earlier home audition of the 250DR with my previous speakers, SF Guarneri Mementos, was impressive but not 100% convincing to pull the trigger (including room etc.).

My current Vivids are at an entirely different level of resolution, speed and neutrality. Now the 250 plays a very different, much better movie. Straight out of the box, the improved scale, imaging and authority are astonishing. This is an excellent match.

Some happy and exciting weeks/months of settling in ahead. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Richard

23 Likes

Well the project stream box ultra s2 is a great little thing but this is deeper, darker, smoother and more natural… all thanks to @james_n

8 Likes

I thought you’d like it. You just need a PSU for it now :wink:

Have fun :+1:

I’m considering this as a cheapie

1 Like

That looks very good value. I’d give it a few weeks and see how you find it with the standard Meanwell supply. It’s no slouch on its own as you’ve found, but does appreciate a better PSU.

1 Like

2 x 4.5m runs of Kudos KS-1 speaker cables. Should be delivered on Wednesday.

1 Like

Like the journey you’re on.
Heard good things about ultraRendu so understand the appeal.
One question if I may, why not use Zen mini as a transport?
Enjoy.

It’s my Roon core and I tried it as core and endpoint and it struggles a bit and just sounds a bit flat and digital. I suppose I could use a Mac mini as core but it will need a 1tb drive to accommodate the music on the zen mini otherwise traffic and noise goes up.

1 Like

Gotcha - nice solution👍.

I use a Mac Mini with a 4TB LaCie drive.
Currently using a Dragonfly Cobalt as DAC out of the Mac.
Sounds plenty good enough for incidental listening, which is all I use it for.
If really indulging my listening ear, it’s always the LP12😊

3 Likes

Moonriver 404 Reference has just arrived.

16 Likes