What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

That’s how small the world is

Probably not, this was an interconnect which had been stuck. In customs on its return, but thanks

1 Like

Technically illegal/against the sale of goods act to pass a used item off as new in the UK at least

I did wonder, and was a little surprised how quickly they told me. I guess they didn’t know

It’s put me off buying from them. Very poor in my opinion.

I guess it is the price we pay to be able to get a money back guarantee. I would rather that than have to buy without the option to return

Given it’s mail order you always have the option to return. They may be offering slightly better terms but they couldn’t refuse.

I don’t know what other retailers do with returned items. I guess it depends on the value of the product etc

Doesn’t alter the fact that they shouldn’t be charging you full price and then sending you a used item. If they don’t get many cables back then surely they could offer returns at a slightly lower price.

1 Like

Agreed. To be honest they could just offer them at full price but no waiting time and people would probably be happy

Just fitted the cheap audiophonics linear supply… oh my! The Sonore is flying now, more speration and sounds effortless. It could be the supply or no more switch mode supplies in the hifi ? Dunno but it’s now spectacular.

4 Likes

Hi Phill - That’s good to hear - it does like a good PSU.

Glad you’re pleased with the Sonore :+1:

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

2 Likes

That’s a very useful tool. I bought one a couple of weeks back after seeing it recommended on here. I measured my room this morning and have got SO setup. Very easy to use and initial results are very promising.

I’ll be interested in how you get on.

Deleted, please remove.

3 Likes

Deleted, please remove.

Just arrived today…HTS7s’

Running them in on the main system before they go in the ‘Bothy’, which is not ready for them yet for another couple of weeks…
Still have their socks and gloves on…sounding pretty good though…

(also posted on the ATC thread)

atc hts7

11 Likes

Read the PDF first. It was pretty straightforward via the configurator with the PDF as a reference. Use a computer rather than a tablet as you’ll need the cursor keys for inputting finer dimensions. It took me about an hour to measure the room and get an Optimisation loaded. It’s good.

1 Like

I set up SO a couple of weeks ago in my system. My room, though not large, and untreated, is generally pretty good for SQ. But SO led to an extra degree of transparency and connection with the musicians. What did surprise me is the effect it seems to have had on the higher frequencies, even though its direct effect is restricted to below 80hz. Perhaps a bit of room resonance was masking some of the upper frequencies. Perhaps it’s all in my head. Whatever the answer, I’m now a fan.

Roger

1 Like

300DR.
Delighted with uplift over the 250DR which is also a wonderful amp

21 Likes

Hi Roger - That’s interesting as your findings seem to mirror mine. It’s quite a subtle adjustment but the end result is rather good. I suspect if you have a problematic room and non ideal speaker placement then you’re not going to make a silk purse from a sow’s ear. If you’ve already got a good starting point then it seems to bring big gains without (so far) any downsides. I’m a fan too.

1 Like