What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Witch Hat Morgana XLR / DIN for my NAP 250DR, bought used with a decent saving on RRP.

Quickly plugged it in but no time to test until back from the pub later so will no doubt annoy the neighbours with Nirvana - MTV Unplugged.

4 Likes

ā€œuntil I get back from the pubā€

Well, at least we know where your priorities areā€¦

2 Likes

Just bought a Stageline N. Weā€™ll give it a go with the Elys 2 and see how we get on.

Just connected a BK XXLS400 to the back of my SL2s

Also a good friend is calling over this weekend to fine tune with REW etc (heā€™s owned subs for decades) but for now Iā€™ve managed to blend in the sub using my old lugs.

6 Likes

Chord PowerHAUS M6. Combined with my recently acquired custom-made OePhi RCA-DIN and a Sarum T DIN-XLR snapped up at a bargain price on eBay they have transformed my system. So much more depth to the soundstage and even my cloth ears can easily hear just how much more ā€˜gripā€™ my 282/250DR have on the music. Expensive, yes, but so worth it.

5 Likes

PRoject RPM 4 paid pennies for itšŸ‘

11 Likes

My Witches Hat Morgana turned up this morning and already installed.

14 Likes

Andā€¦ā€¦

ā€¦ā€¦and it sounds good but I didnā€™t listen to something before swapping it so like all these tweaks theyā€™re hard to judge. It does sound a little louder though Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the cable or the album.

1 Like

Got the pre- loved Star set up in the games room and are really pleased with it. Wondering whether to stick with the old AR 22BX speakers, as there is a set of Mordaunt-Short MS25i tower speakers in black ash available locally at a bargain :flushed:

12 Likes

Nice! I have several. Great chairs and they usually run a $500 off deal once or twice a year, which is independent of any dealer discount

Obvious question Pete - why didnā€™t you listen to original cable you had mate?

Couldnā€™t wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No I forgot, to make matters worse I disconnected the wrong cable and it took about 1/2 hour to work out what Iā€™d done.

1 Like

Ha ha well I couldnā€™t even do that so at least you are well ahead of me

What cable did the witch hat replace ?

They can sound louder but eventually that subsides as they burn in.

Nice. Iā€™m betting the MS-25iā€™s will sound lovely with the Starā€¦

The one from the super cap to the power amp.

Still sounds pretty good, :+1:

1 Like

Have you heard those speakers @Stephen_Tate?

Yes, it was a very long time ago though. I remember them being quite transparent but also fun sounding. They are a model from the early 90s so they could be getting on a bit now, maybe thatā€™s consideration.

Iā€™m just guessing thatā€™s all. Maybe worth a whirl?

When i worked at Goodmans Loudspeakers (under the same factory roof as Mordaunt-Short/Epos in those days), i remember the drive units that went into the MS-25iā€™s as being of very high quality, far higher than many other speakers at their budget.

The only thing that would put me off is their bi-wire terminals, but thatā€™s just me.