What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Just for a change, instead of different cables arriving at the house in mysterious boxes the better half can now gaze upon odd shaped glass bulb like things!

This one is a rather nice Telefunken ECC82 NOS Valve!

16 Likes

I wish they had made more half box units , a CD transport/Uniti Qute/DAC V1/ NAP100, I just think it was all envisaged as desk top when it could have been a decent half width system.

Iā€™m using a UnitiQute as a DAC, but I also have an Olive CD player -I think they would make a super second system

3 Likes

ā€œWith leather, youā€™ll luv itā€ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦FZ

1 Like

Ordered Farad Super3 to go with my EE8 switch after reading some great experiences from others. Will go up against ifi ipowerx.

12 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™ll be impressed. Their matching cables are excellent too.

1 Like

I added Level 1 copper. Not sure I need more silver in my system but weā€™ll see :blush:

Any recommendations?

Linear power supply for my Asus Modem/router to help improve streaming from Qobuz

4 Likes

Iā€™m interested to hear your impressions.

2 Likes

Chord Signature TA RCA-DIN for Aura to 252.

2 Likes

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Really nice NAC72, NAP140 and a Hicap, shoebox nirvanaā€¦

3 Likes

A Network Acoustics MUON Ethernet Filter to go between my Rossini Apex and Dan Dā€™Agostino Progression.

I fancied trying one of these next year, but couldnā€™t resist the Black Friday discount.

4 Likes

Early Christmas present

31 Likes

I have the Level 2 copper + their power cable. I compared L1 & L2 back-to-back and the uplift was obvious and worth the extra cost imo. However, the fuse upgrade is at least as good, if not better. I have the SR Purple. I didnā€™t compare the power cable with others. Just went along with it.

1 Like

After a long hiatus with just a couple of Sonos 5s, an SN3, ND5 XS2, Rega 3 and fabulous (for their diminutive size) Brigadier MU2s.

To hold and play the music an Audiostore Prestige, with thanks to the superbly helpful Martin at Audiostore who helped a novice get it all set up and working (surprisingly easily).

5 Likes

Apart from this post, I am not using the internet today. In particular I am not going to look at any deals/discounts/too good to be true offers!!

I might spend a few mins on Bandcamp though X)

Help!

1 Like

Iā€™m really pleased with what they do. A very revealing cable, but not at the expense of being artificially bright. Iā€™ve never really noticed ā€˜burn inā€™ with other cables but things took a bit of a downturn earlier in the week sounding rather soft and veiled but now sounding fine again. My system is usually very consistent in its day to day performance so thatā€™s all I can put it down to.

Apart from looking like my KDSM has a couple of white hydraulic hoses connected to it, they are really rather good :+1:

Enjoy your new Selekt - that looks like a very flexible bit of kit with some great options, especially with the new PS and mono Organik DAC modules.

4 Likes

Knew youā€™d like them. Iā€™ve not ā€œheardā€ anything that gets so completely out of the way.

Next up, you should just try a Music mains cable. :grin:

1 Like

Yep. That describes them nicely.

1 Like

Hi, did you manage to compare the U1 Mini to the U2 Mini? Is there any noticeable difference between the two?