What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Add a linear power supply to it and be amazed on what a good power supply can do with a switch.

1 Like

Thanks but no. I’m very happy with it as it is. Anyway, a linear supply would use more power, which we are trying to save.

Made more of a difference than the switch itself for me.

4 Likes

Same here :+1:

3 Likes

New 555PS DR arrived today to replace the XPSDR powering my NDX2.
Warming up and some running in to do.
Early thoughts are a more focused soundstage and more bounce…maybe I mean PRAT.
I am impressed, but not bowled over…yet.

Edit.
Couple of hours in and I am approaching bowled over. There is an air of realism and emotion being conveyed that was not so obvious before. And it sounds huge.

2nd Edit.
Officially bowled over. Orchestral music is on another level altogether.
If you are considering an XPSDR for your ndx2, you owe yourself consideration of the 555.
Two respected dealers told me ‘transformative’ and ‘game changer’.
Despite their good standing, I was a little dubious. They were right. Interested to see where this goes when properly run in.

15 Likes

Upgraded Innous ZEN Mini mk3 to “ S “ specification

For those interested - Picture story in this post…

4 Likes

My 79 vintage LP12 is having a Kore, Karosel, Lingo 4 and Tramplin 2 fitted at Audio T Brighton by the talented John K. Unfortunately an issue with the motor has delayed progress, a replacement is currently in a lorry heading south. Hopefully, it will soon be back home and settling in whilst I wait for my 222/300. Keeping the Dynavector 10X5 for now as it has been a very expensive start to the year. John was asking today if I wanted to get a clear lid to replace the smoked acrylic lid, I think I will keep it so it looks more original whilst sounding much better than it did. What do others think, get a clear lid or stick with the smoked one?

LP12 awaiting Kore and Karosel to be fitted after being stripped right down.

LP12 is now ready for the new motor to be fitted.

8 Likes

of course

2 Likes

On an old 80’s Afromosa fluted LP12 I like the smoked lid with the silver band across the front with the Linn logo.

I still have mine in original condition c1983 model, never had an upgrade and it even still has the square red power button.

4 Likes

My ca. 1986 Fluted Afromosia had the clear lid and I liked it much betteer than the smoked lid.

I no longer have it and my current TT doesn’t use a lid at all.

To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question…

9 Likes

Mine is a smoked. I love it.
One little detail about it that I really like…
rounded corners:

10 Likes

I use as an DAC from my computer/streaming device.

2 Likes

So made the trip up to Leicester for the Karousel…came away with a Karousel plus a Kore and Trampoline 2.
I’ve been told that it needs a bit of running it so will let it go overnight and see what it’s like tomorrow…looking forward to that…

16 Likes

New apple HomePod for the kitchen… it’s sounds pretty damn good for what it is…

9 Likes

Doesn’t it tie you to Apple Music for audio, or can you do something like play Qobuz from Room via Airplay?

It can connect via AirPlay to any service or device that supports airplay some of the features only work with Apple Music though

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. I was just curious. I have a Mu-so 2 and Mu-so Qb2 and use Qobuz with Roon, so I don’t really have a use case for a HomePod. I do use a lot of Apple products though.

Any good?
I have the QED profile optical and it’s just decent …

Very much of the smoked persuasion…

18 Likes