What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Please report back. I’m also thinking about ordering one.

According to the emails I’ve been getting, “our 30% discount offer is good up until the new website updates launch in September.” It’s now October and no new AVO website and, of course, they may extend the discount anyway.

They claim the SQ of the new cables comes within shouting distance of Chord Music, which seems like hyperbole, but all the AVO products I’ve bought have been very good value, so I’m OK with taking a chance on this one, especially as I’m royally fed up with the Hi-Line, which has broken twice on me (one instance of which was my own clumsiness, but still).

2 Likes

Conventional wisdom from the past :wink:

1 Like

Wiring my house was a bit of a nightmare due to some very thick stone walls. That was one of the reasons I used fibre instead of copper Ethernet, the cables are thin, flexible and cheap.

Re. shielding, I would guess that any problems it causes would be down to incorrect installation. Knowing where to carry the ground through a device, and where to break it, should resolve any such issues.

Absolutely. The cable itself must be either unshielded or shielded and connected to ground collar on the RJ45 at both ends otherwise it’s not Cat6a compliant. But selecting the right components and planning out the topology in a way that avoids that ground based noise is far easier to get wrong than right. I use a shielded Cat7 towards my NDX from a non grounding Buffalo/Melco switch in one system. But unshielded Cat6a between a grounded Planex switch and a UQ2 in another. In fact, if I use Cat7 on that latter system I can hear high pitched chirping when no music is playing and it’s quiet in the room.

Just now received my new nap 250 and cables from my dealer to connect to my SN3, very much excited :grin:

23 Likes

@marcusman I have the DIN to RCA for my Aura to 332. It was a substantial uplift over both the Morgana and Chord Signature TA. They weren’t even close.

Not sure how it compares to the Sarum TA or Music though.

1 Like

Awesome and thanks nicnaim. The guys from AVOptions have never steered me wrong. I’m with @Corry on this one. I’m afraid to breathe or touch my hiLine for fear it’ll fall apart.

1 Like

Congrats @BackToNaim :+1: would be a pleasure to read about your experience later :wink:

1 Like

BackTo Naim has gone very quiet for the last 6 hours, which I suppose we assume is a good thing!

2 Likes

NAC332 next…

3 Likes

Damn Mr.M. I can’t keep up lol. Congratulations

Unfortunately not yet connected as we had visitors and left late plus the SN3 and NDX2 are on the TV rack which I will move today to the dedicated system rack from sound style which I was not using for a long time, I will move the system today and will report back :blush:

Exactly that is the plan in next few months or early if I win a lottery :joy:.

1 Like

Ahhh well, that is my intention but on this occasion it’s a hint to @BackToNaim :grin:
I’ll get there myself eventually, just not quite there yet!

2 Likes

Cardas Parsec digital cable for my Core, to compare with the Vertere Pulse D-Fi…

Additional CDPS555 connected today, I have heard people say two 555Ps’s change the sound, they do but most definitely for the better, everything just has more detail, more presence, never heard CD sound as good as this. I have had various Naim power supplies over the years starting off with a Flatcap 2 on my CD5 and it never ceases to amaze me how much improvement these bring, now time to enjoy :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes, feet up and enjoy.

1 Like

Latest tubes: pristine NOS pair of RCA Red Base 5691s input tubes and a NOS Brimar 5R4GY CV717 rectifier tube.

8 Likes

I think the Sopra’s for the money are tops. Similar in presentation to the 808!

1 Like