What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

They’ve given my system the biggest lift. Bigger than 82 to 52. But it all helps, including the 4 x powerlines. Fraim makes things work too. It’s doing everything that helps. Never under estimate the improvement speakers make on your system. They can make it and take a system with £20000 electronics and hear the difference between a £3000 speaker set up and a £14000 speaker set up.

1 Like

Just got a pair of sun bleached n-Sats for use in our new summer house, which just happened to be built in '73.

Just giving a new to me PS Audio Stellar Phono amp a first listen.

16 Likes

Built a new pair of RCA cables using Neotech Nemoi-1220 triple shielded UP-OCC pure silver conductors along with Aeco pure silver RCA plugs. Used a little of Viablue braided cable cover to match it in with the Furutech plugs.

It’s very unlike other silver cables. Full & Rich with amazing depth. Nothing like a lot of the “brighter” sounding silver cables. Very happy with the result.

8 Likes

Nice looking set of RCA’s :+1: What do you have the FI-50 NCF (R) plugged into?

1 Like

Cheers… that would be the Auralic VEGA G2.2 at the moment.

I do also use it with the Atom HE I have. Both can be used as a Roon Endpoint / DAC for my tube amps but the HE is downstairs as an AIO for headphone use for now. It has the matching NCF plug(UK) and Nanotec Power Strada #307 cable. It was built for the HE and sounds terrific with that as it does with the VEGA.

2 Likes

350 monos replacing 300DR, which is moving to study system. Early days … but oh boy!

4 Likes

Hadn’t heard of Nanotec Power Strada, guess not a common brand in NA. Looks like its very similar to one of the cords I’m currently experimenting with, the Furutech Alpha Nano-Ag-Au series (also with 50 NCF ends). Don’t doubt its a great sounding cable :+1:

1 Like

Funny thing cables. As much as I like that one on the HE & VEGA, it doesn’t sound as good when powering the LPS of the Auris Nirvana tube amp. That one prefers non Rhodium / NCF plugs. If I recall correctly, I’m using one of Furutechs Silver plugs on that and sounds better for it.

Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 XLR to compare with my existing Acrolink XLR.

2 Likes

332 now just waiting for the bill!

2 Likes

Naim Uniti Core just delivered and installed. First few albums ripped and initial impressions are good.

9 Likes

Preowned NDX

16 Likes

If you are thinking about purchasing a Innuos product, then today maybe a good day. :blush:

2 Likes

Price rise looks quite substantial, doesn’t it ?

Indeed,

Olive Supercap for my Prefix. I thought it might be overkill, but it isn’t :smiling_imp:

16 Likes

Very interesting comment…
How were you using the Prefix before.
HiCap, or maybe 52 direct ?

Can you share thoughts on differences ?
And, of course, congrats on latest addition, into your house.

Thanks in advance
R

The Prefix was powered by the 52. I hadn’t been listening to vinyl much over the last 18 months so I was looking for a cost effective way of supercharging my vinyl replay. The Supercap has done the trick. It’s probably the most obvious improvement in SQ of any upgrade I’ve done so far. Instruments of all types and vocals just sound so much more real, full and meaty. It’s been a revelation. I’ve not streamed for the last few weeks and just ordered some more vinyl. I think there is a 2nd benefit with this setup in that the 52 now only needs to focus on what a preamp should. I’d never heard this before but reading old threads convinced me that it was the right move.

8 Likes

:wink:

Apologies for the mess. Linn selekt dual organic is on loan so running out of shelves.

Was going to ge the phoenix net anyway as I loved it on demo but upgraded to pulsar as well as the price increases were substantial.

6 Likes