What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

The dual mono Organik is rather nice. Is that as a line level source or pre/source?

It is as a pre. I am comparing it to my Brinkmann nyquist into 252. I hope I prefer the Brinkmann, otherwise buying the pulsar looks like a dumb movešŸ¤£

Interesting comparison, Iā€™ll be interested to hear your thoughts and conclusions.

Of course, bear in mind that the phoenix net and pulsar are notoriously slow to break in so it may be a while.

So far the linn is smoother and a tad warmer. Brinkmann/ Naim more involving and engaging.

I am very impressed with the linn though, probably easier to listen for long periods and also much easier to live with

Just noticed something odd. The 252 remote also changes volume on the Selekt!

Glad you beat the price increase. :blush::ok_hand:

Does anybody know if the Next Gen Innuos upgrade has also gone up in price?

Sorry, no I donā€™t. I do know that both statement options have gone up considerably. Iā€™d do think the increases are a bit OTT at under Ā£5k the pulsar is a bargain. At nearer Ā£6 kā€¦ not so much

1 Like

So did you get a bit of a discount?

Do I want to know how much the zen mini mk3 og and s versions have gone up? Focused on buying speakers right now but when I get a cd ripping/storing solution I may choose a second hand core or a nas by default if prices keep going up.

Itā€™s on a short list of three, I hope you donā€™t mind me asking for your comments ?

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Decided to keep it, sounds much nicer after a few weeks of playing.

1 Like

thank you

Peter Swain of Cymbiosis has recommended an Audio Technica 760 SLC.

1 Like

Love my new Nova, but plan on going with 222 and 250 combo, especially after hearing them. I havenā€™t looked at Naim gear and many years, love the sound and looks of the new stuff. Enjoy that Amp!

7 Likes

You can add the NAP 250 to the Nova as a first step as well. Not that you need any encouragement :+1: :rocket:

4 Likes

100% what @Mr.M said. Thatā€™s where I am at present and itā€™s made a huge improvement. 222 will be next for me, at some point, to free up the nova for another system. But no rush, just enjoying the journey.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t sun bleach an extra? Especially with all the years that is needed to achieve that finishā€¦ :slight_smile:
The price was way closer to flea market than new. Fun to try them in the main system as well.

I had 2x Icepower 1200 that stopped working, so I found this on the second hand market. I wanted something more exotic than Parasound, ATI or Rotel. But I was not ready for Krell/ML. This is a Simaudio Moon W5 from 2004. Stereophile measured it to 2x233watt in 8ohm/ 2x460watt in 4ohm and 2x865watt in 2ohm, so it should take my 4ohm load with ease. Mint condition

15 Likes

Now added a Cambridge Audio 851N to replace the Atom. The Naim upgrade path didnā€™t work for me but this is sounding so good :+1: :sunglasses:

I went from Nova to NC222/300/250, and would thoroughly recommend your proposed upgrade.

If you can afford the NC250 I wouldnā€™t bother with the 250DR as the NC250 is a considerable step up and will get the best out of the 222.

5 Likes