What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

That’s very interesting, i use some mogami from my pre to atc 40a’s. I’ve been thinking of trying something “better”, I did have a loan of some chord signature TA which did give an airier presentation but at £6.5k for the length i need that’s not happening.

Thanks for the update. Very interesting. Good luck with the 250 :+1:

1 Like

Collected 300 power amps yesterday and on arriving home my supercap dr had been delivered. Decided to hold off on the 300’s foe a while. Hooked the supercap up in place of the hicap. So now I have Supernait 3 with supercap dr and amazed what a difference it makes.

3 Likes

What sort of difference?

1 Like

Seems to be cleaner sound across the full spectrum. Bass deeper and vocals better. I find it hard to explain sound improvements but I was listening for a long time last night and everyone was out so helped. It’s probably not the most logical improvement but thought I would keep like this for a while before adding the 300’s just to appreciate the gradual improvement each piece makes.

2 Likes

And made in Yorkshire…

2 Likes

Focal Sopra 3

Ordered them in Oktober 2022, where delivered two weeks ago, so i think, that counts.

What always bothered me, when i mostly finished upgrading my electronics were the speakers. I thought, those are the limiting factor in my system and i was right.

I would have bought a Scala Utopia, but these were too big to shove up the stairs into my listening room. The Sopras were the limit i could handle with a friend. Getting older sucks sometimes. :melting_face:

Boy, what a difference already.

The Kantas sound thin against them, which they in reality aren‘t.

Now someone whispered sweet nasty things to me, that i might have to consider a XPS DR… it never stops…maybe a Fraim in the future…

13 Likes

A great guy, not only are his interconnect cables very good, his power cables are also very good !

:+1:

2 Likes

I was using a 3m length of his balanced interconnects which were very good, but i’ve rearranged my system following the introduction of a klimax kontrol and repositioned my headphone amp so no longer need such a long length.

2 Likes

How does it sound??

Thought I’d try a new record brush as my old Path Carbon Fibre one is over 30 years old.

3 Likes

Will you also try the foam they sell?

11 Likes

I have to say very good, and am very happy with the results though a verbal description of the difference is something I always find difficult

What is easy to describe is how much I’m enjoying listening to the results and have spent a good few hours enjoying well known albums, hearing quite a bit of difference to before

Grahams Hydra 3-1. Keep missing these on the used market but managed to strike whilst the iron was hot.

Primary reason was to release some sockets and improve the state of the cabling behind the rack. It’s certainly done that and my bass seams better (but that could be due to cable organisation).

1 Like

Traded my SN3 and a little cash for an ex-dem 282, ordered a new 250 DR while still available, and 2 Powerlines. 250 and PL should arrive next week. Until then …

28 Likes

Sbooster BOTW AC Power Supply 24Volt
for the Rega Planar 8 with PSU MK2

3 Likes

Always liked the look of the P9!

4 Likes

I keep thinking of moving to the P10, but this P9 sounds and looks too good!

4 Likes

I know looks aren’t everything, but the P9 looks much nicer to me.

6 Likes

My kit came back from Naim all serviced today (252/300 non DR) and I took the opportunity to trade my non DR Supercap for a new DR one at a good price. It’s great to have music back in the house. Only three weeks which given the launch of the new stuff I thought pretty quick. The NDX2 and PS555 are a year or less old so I am set until I am 80…

7 Likes