What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Hi - do you have an SL lead between your ND555 and 552? I’m thinking of replacing my HiLine with SL.

@Ian2001 what do you think if the Chord Shawline with the CD5si?

1 Like

Don’t worry. It’s really good.

1 Like

I do but I bought it a long time ago to go with my then NDS/252 combination. I can’t really remember what it brought to the party other than I preferred it to the Hi-Line I was using at the time. I haven’t tried anything else with my ND555/552.

I’m very pleased with the uplift, the standard Naim lavender is good but the Shawline offers a discernible betterment

An Island LP! What were you listening to?

1 Like

Just make sure the tweeters are at the same level as your ears are when listening. Quite critical for the Harbeths (which are great speakers).

2 Likes

Good spot Max. The Hunter by Jennifer Warnes, incredible dynamics.

Island Records is the label of my turbulent, happy teenage years.
:green_heart:

3 Likes

Best SQ upgrade ever… cost £70… getting your ears properly cleaned out! Yes I’ve reached that age… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am doing this periodically - and totally agree with the sound update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d better keep these two separated, don’t want any baby hedgehogs :wink:

I turned the system off for about five minutes to add the second Powerigel on Sunday and it’s taken about four days to come properly back on song :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

This is cable mania… same here, but I only have one hedgehog :hedgehog:.
Good price you got.

2 Likes

A pre loved pair of AR Sound Lunar Equilateral interconnects to go between my SCDR & 300DR

5 Likes

Just checked, I paid £345.00 for the first one (secondhand) back in June 2018.

Nice. I’ll be interested to hear what you think… I e got one from NDX2 - 282… intrigued to complete the set possibly.

About 44% off for Black Friday.
I like the all metal case construction.

1 Like

3 x Iso Acoustics Indigo to go under the Aegis tube amp.

10 Likes

Im guessing all the weight is at the back … looks a bit precarious… I know it’s not but … :slightly_smiling_face:

Love the look of tube amps, what’s that in the left of the pic?

Nice lighting too!

2 Likes

Cheers. Yeah, the majority of the 16kg is at the back. The two at the back are spaced wide and near rhe edge. Big transformers back there :flushed:

Very easy to lift up the front but still quite a bit there… too much to get away with next Orea down in terms of max weight.

Oh, that’s a tube holder with some of my favourites to hand. The pic below is missing the GEC KT88 that I was using at the time. I tend to use either the EL38 or GEC KT88 and use rectifier tubes to tweak the sound to match headphones / genres.

7 Likes