What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Hugo TT just died. Thought I was done but may be back here shortly.

2 Likes

Ah didnā€™t know you could do that with tube amps, thatā€™s great, must have a listen to one sometime.

Now Iā€™m liking whatā€™s to the left of that photo :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This year has been expensive, I bought a brand new linn lp 12 majik with the koil cartridge, had a lingo 4 fitted then bought a pretty solid steel rack to put it on, bought an audio quest water interconnect for the phono stage to pre then just bought a spanking brand new naim nac 282. next year ill get a supercap and a promotion hopefully :wink: im a single guy with no kids

6 Likes

Yikes, what happened? :confused:

1 Like

I went to use it and it didnā€™t work. No sound. No lights on the display or center except for one white light that flashes when itā€™s plugged in. I assume itā€™s the battery.

:confused: hopefully replaceable? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We will see. In the meantime Iā€™m surprised how adept the Pulsemini is with the LDA linear power supply.

1 Like

As they say, A sucker is born every minute. I just pre-ordered an Eversolo DMP-A8.

Looks interesting as it has HDMI ARC for the TV, you can add an SSD drive, and is supposed to hit above itā€™s weight.

It would be a secondary source for background music/exploring new music and there is a 30 Day Return Policy so why not?

6 Likes

nVidia Shield Pro video streamer to replace my old Denon DBT-3313UD BluRay transport.

My ripped 4K ATMOS MKVs finally stream like they should and my back library of 800 DVD rips look crystal clear and smooth. They were unwatchably bad on the Amazon Fire 4K box.

Had exactly the same with my Hugo and it was indeed the battery in my case. Hope you get it sorted soon.

1 Like

If itā€™s old (out of warranty) then you may be able to disconnect the battery internally as you can on the mojo and run it that way? Iā€™ve not opened up a Hugo but the mojo is really simple as battery on flying leads with a push fit connector to board.

That looks very interesting, not heard of Eversolo before but just had a quick skim over the blurb on their website and it has a lot of functionality packed in there, should keep you quiet for a while :slightly_smiling_face: Looks well made too, and has a nice clean fascia, I like the screen in the middle.
Will be interested in hearing what you think of it.

Curiosity got the better of me. Worth a try

6 Likes

Let us know how it turns out.

Just ordered a mint demo 555dr power supply to add to my single powered nd555.
Bought blind as we often have to do in the USA
Blind faith
David

11 Likes

Yep blind faith here in North America. Luckily no issues at all.

1 Like

A friend of mine uses seven of these in his hi-fi system and each one has made a difference, so it should be finešŸ˜‡

1 Like

Why is that?

Made a lot of blind purchases- all Naim except for speakers (kudos)
No regrets so far
David

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard your system is sounding mighty fine according to our Scotch drinking friend lol