What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

That room looks familiar? Did you ever post on Dynaudio Thread? I have same C2 in Mocca but now am using some Serafino’s as my main speakers. I will be trying Naim out via NSC 222 and 250 pairing today, waiting for Fedex delivery! :wink:

1 Like

Do you mean the Dynaudio thread on AVS Forums? Yes, although I haven’t participated in that forum in years.

How they work I don’t know. As well as the bamboo there is a metal core made from brass or bronze. Sound wise they seem to make things a bit clearer and more detailed, but without overemphasising parts of the music in an unnatural way, which is what the IsoAcousics did. They still make the Nova look a little odd though, as it doesn’t have its own feet as such, just plastic domed bits. I’ll give it while and then take them out and see if I miss them, as the Nova certainly looks better without them.

4 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

4 empty shelves wonder what is going in to replace the old 250 s

3 Likes

Yes he did Garman, you will remember him as Racetripper over there. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the new Naim gear.:+1:

1 Like

Are you still hanging out there? The topic of Dynaudio just doesn’t interest me much anymore, and I grew tired of the constant bickering on the thread. I also like my C2 Platinum so much I don’t feel a need to change, and I think they sound better than the Confidence 30 anyway (which I listened to at my dealer, in the same room I heard their demo C2s for many years).

Yeah I still post over there, although I have not owned Dyn’s in a few years. You are right about the bickering, just a few members seem to like stirring things up. Even though I don’t own any of their speakers, I have owned Excite 12’s, Focus 160’s,Special 40’s, Confidence C1 Mk11’s,
XD 600’s ,Confidence and Focus Centers. This still gives me the right to post there, I would think.:grin:

Yeah, you’ve earned legend status, I think. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t really have anything to say or add over there. I already got in trouble for being a Naim fanboy, LOL.

You know, I really believe the C2 Platinum are the sweet spot in everything I’ve heard from Dynaudio, ever. I have upgraded stuff around them, but they have stayed in favor for over five years now. If I ever made a change it would be because I moved my system to the larger living room finally and decided C4 Platinum would work. I have the amp for them in the 300DR. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jos: totally agree! I still have my Confidence Platinum C2’s and feel the same as you… Newer models didn’t float my boat and I tried several. I haven’t had a Naim piece in my system in a very long time, tried the Nova recently and loved it, so I went all in with the 200 series! :wink:

No Quarter you can post there anytime, never thought I would like a Tube Int. Amp, the BAT Vk 80i is superb! At the price the Naim gear is one would think they would allow HDMI out of the 222 and Digital outs. :wink: Hooking it up now as the gear arrived like a pair of cold black bricks!

2 Likes

Those look to be some highly customised Keltiks. I am fairly sure neither that mahogany finish nor the high gloss fascia were offered as standard.

I utterly loved the Keltiks. Far more than DBLs. We had an active Keltik system in the shop with a rack full of Klouts and it was just incredible.

3 Likes

New 555dr power supply (bottom right) arrived today.
Now 2 555dr ps feeding my nd555
Window into the music now clear. More of everything,
All the cliche’s….the band is in the room, I’m hearing things not heard before.
I’m quite pleased.
Thanks for those who recommended this upgrade

David

32 Likes

Custom rack will be separating them on different shelves tomorrow. Right out of the box the paring sounds great, just curious if anyone is using the stock pair of XLR that came with 250 or using something else?

20 Likes

A Violectric Niimbus 4 has now replaced the fabulous Violectric V281 FE. Christmas came early this year!

6 Likes

Very nice system. I am convinced the 200er will sound wonderful - enjoy. I see you have also Aqua La Voce Ladder Dac. It is not so common here in the forum. How do you find him? Is the sound characteristic similar to Naim?

well that didnt last long… i removed them and the music, while less detailed etc just flows better without them… should have listened to @HungryHalibut … the oil rig look also was grating after a couple of days so ill pass them on…

2 Likes

‘Transformative’ can be taken in two ways of course. At least you tried.

2 Likes

any verdict on the bamboo feet?