What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

I just got a disturbing image in my head of a naked stick man with Quadrapsire Q plus Evo’s for his feet, dancing and waving his stick around :rofl:

HH’s explicit dancing stick man Gif still haunting my psyche.

1 Like

As HH says above “At least you tried”. Good info nonetheless.

I used the stock cables briefly, then tried a pair of anticables which were an improvement but I’ve settled on AV Options SIGNAL cables that I’m very happy with. I’ve seen others here report their happiness with the AV Options cables but can’t recall who. You’d need to contact AV Options to discuss as their long promised web site update is still in the future.

Chord Co. EpicX ARAY Analogue XLR found them to be “meatier” sound wise than the Naim cables!
To my ears a definite step-up!

Definitely it for 2023

24 Likes

An NC250 is arriving on Tuesday, replacing my 250DR.

12 Likes

Assume the 222/300 psu and 300 series monos? Very lucky!

4 NC250s to power my Keltiks

Just recovering from strip and rebuild of set up , need a stiff one

17 Likes

20 Likes

I posted this in the System Pics thread by mistake so deleted and re-posted here.

Just bought a second hand Sugden Masterclass IA-4 Integrated Amplifier.

23 Likes

Be interested to hear your thoughts/impressions when it’s warmed up and run in and you’ve had time to form an opinion.

1 Like

A few issues to overcome with the new amps being balanced input . My dealer had to make up some temporary leads to get me up and running . I’ve got a full set of Chord Shawline due next week .
I have to say the new logo is beautifull. It’s not the colour that is the main point of beauty but the implementation of it ,no more of that illuminated perspex look ,much much classier .

1 Like

I still think the Aqua LaVoce 3 is holding up to other Dac I have tried so far. It’s a keeper. Right now stacking the Naim gear, but will have them on separate rack soon.

2 Likes

@Keltik Have you used Shawline in the past? I’m using it between my SN3 and CD5si. Also between my SN3 and ND5XS2. Long burn in.

1 Like

Shawline , are you happy with them …

Interesting setup there. Those updated Keltiks look superb.

Yes the Ovators left the building yesterday after almost 2 years .

4 Likes

@Keltik Happy? They are getting better. More happy than not. The sound continues to improve after 6 weeks.

My speaker cable is Chord. It’s white with the writing word out. It’s about 10-15 years old.

This is my first Naim system. SN3, CD5si,ND5XS2, Spendor A4, HicapDR, Rega P9/Exact. It proved an adjustment moving to Naim. I am beginning to understand PRAT. The music involves me differently than former systems. It flows differently and draws me in. Biggest adjustment was change in tonal balance. Would I gain anything from Shawline speaker cable?

1 Like

6 Likes

I hadn’t seen tubes for a while here… Still fascinating, tempting little things…

1 Like