What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

If it sounds half as fantastic as it looks…

1 Like

I’ve got a Chord Mscaler coming

9 Likes

Beautiful parquet!

1 Like

I am not as much of an aficionado as many on the forum, but after some googling I see that your speakers are 4 way (hence the 4xNC250). That’s a lot of amplification! I bet it sounds fantastic.

Tweaking is a disease, thats for sure!

I highly rate Quadraspire too, it does the job and for me it suits and fits well in my room. Tweakers Disease aside, I recently got a QS wall bracket as I have a wooden subfloor and I knew my LP12 just wasn’t isolated enough.

Well, what a difference it has made, a noticeable improvement indeed! Also the QS wall bracket looks really good too.

The only downside to all of this is that such positive tweaks only feed the disease!

1 Like

Back in the fold… could not justify the expense of 25.21i so basically sound supplied exdem scm11’s…and the circle closes and now no more speaker itches!

21 Likes

Pro-ject X1
With a kind of upgrade power supply.
Sounds very nice.

Playing: Haevn symphonic tales

13 Likes

Well you scratched that itch!

I have just bought some exdem Twenty5 21i’s to try out after yourself, @GraemeH and @HungryHalibut lauded their suitability with Naim and close proximity to walls. Should have them on Monday. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I’ll see what your verdict is with interest…they are very fast and immediate in my room.

1 Like

Which sounds right up my street sound wise.

I recently had a change of cartridge and I’m realising that it’s slightly lighter in the bass than the damaged one it replaced, so I’m looking for a little more bass. My Proac Tab 10sigs are brilliant but I think I’d like a little more bass coupled with fast mids.

I reckon you’ll be smiling and reaching for your wallet…

1 Like

That will be interesting. Are you getting the PMC stands, which not only look the part but get the best from the speakers, as well as hiding the wires. The sound you can get from such little boxes is really something and if it’s anything like what happened here you should get a nice step up. I do like @GraemeH ‘s white ones, but they wouldn’t really have worked here. They do look nice in walnut.

7 Likes

I was surprised by the ‘sandwich’ construction of the stands. Quite sophisticated and I can see how this adds to the sonic balance.

I’m liking them very much.

G

Have you added the 0.5L of ballast? Apologies if I’ve asked that previously. It makes a nice difference.

1 Like

Yes. All to spec.

G

1 Like

8 Likes

I haven’t bought the stands yet, I have some Solidsteel stands that I’ll use to evaluate initially. If I like them then I’ll consider the stands.

3 Likes

Another one bites the dust…

G

1 Like

Also bought a Dual Outlet Teddy Pardo LPS for the TT2 and The M-scaler.

1 Like

This little thing is just so much fun! Unbelievable value for money! Tidal HiFi is where it really flies. Fantastic stuff!:rofl:

2 Likes