What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Bagged myself a last-minute Christmas present (333, 332, 350x2):

53 Likes

You must have been very kind this year.

6 Likes

Fantastic! You’re in for a treat … someone on here (apologies to who it was) said to me that if you enjoyed them at the dealers demo wait till you get them home … so very true! :notes:

2 Likes

So what’s happening to your recently acquired ND555 now?

Sneaks into 2023 with a matching rack from Solid-Sounds to put all the new kit on and have it set up properly. Happy Neil…

11 Likes

That was quick work! Looks great, much neater, lovely racks those … would look nice in black for here! :thinking:

1 Like

I’m sure Paul at Solid-Sounds will be happy to talk to you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had an abrupt change of direction. A friend is interested in the ND555/555PS and I’ll auction the 252/SC and NAP300 which will go some way to funding the 300 series.

Understood. Enjoy your 300 series system. I wish I had the budget now, but I plan to get there somehow :grinning:.

1 Like

Bought a NAIT 50 and Audezé LCD-2 Classic headphones today. Could get some speakers before the end of the year too.

8 Likes

Recently set up a pair of preowned PMC Fact 12’s, good trade in deal on my PMC Twenty 26’s. Tried them initially without my Townshend Supertweeters and REL S510 with tone controls set to 0. Very different sound, much more revealing, but not at all fatiguing, mid range more pronounced and bass much more controlled. Adding the supertweeters and sub, well I can honestly say whilst these speakers are clearly on a different level, as they should be, they still benefit from these additions. To date, genre which has really stood out as benefiting has been classical recordings, quite taken a back by the dynamic range now being presented. I just wished the mid range drive had some form of protection as the 26’s did, paranoid it will get damaged! At £4000 not at all tempted by crossover Sig upgrade available.

3 Likes

New end game tweeters for my speakers.

10 Likes

Nothing shouts “It’s nearly Christmas” like a pair of new tweeters, enjoy :partying_face:

2 Likes

Seller is just a few km away.
But these tweeters are expensive! Jzeesus.

I will drive them passive with a filter from the midrange driver.

1 Like

Picked up this one yesterday, got an early Xmas present call from my dealer.

Was expecting delivery in early 2024 !

38 Likes

Congratulations on your fact 12’s, you mentioned protection on the mid range drivers regarding your twenty 26’s can you enlighten me further on what protection you are referring too guessing this is something to do with their crossovers?

Congrats, is it the integrated or the pre?

1 Like

It appears to have a mark on the top right of the front panel. Maybe it’s something off your fingers but it may be a fault.

1 Like

It’s the Ultima Pre. 3. Not sure if burn in is a thing with Chord Amps. / Preamps. I’m giving it a good 24 hours playback, before a good listen as it was a purchase unheard.

I know the DAVE didn’t change much (if at all) over the 2 m that I’ve had it.

HH: that’s just a cat hair :rofl::rofl: the struggle is real keeping cat hair under control.

2 Likes

Thanks. I hope you didn’t mind me asking; it would be a shame if it had been a mark.