What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

First time ever when I don’t think a sub is out of sync with the rest of the system. T/5x

6 Likes

It adds so much more than just to the low end. Mids and highs sound way more engaging with a (good) sub. If my T/5x adds this much, I can only guess what yours does to those Sopras. :muscle:

4 Likes

We have just the one hi fi shop on Madeira since 2017 - Audio Arte. It’s tucked away in an obscure shopping centre and is part of an Estate Agent operation - typically Madeiran :slight_smile:

That appears to be by the restaurant Doca do Cavacas, lovely food and view to match.
Funchal is our winter escape, will pay them a visit on our return visit this year. Thanks

Not far off the size of the bass drivers used in a certain nightclub in Handsworth that local friends would take me to back in the '80s…

2 Likes

Yes you’e got it. It’s a bit labyrinthine in there, but if you go in the shopping centre entrance next to the underground car park, then walk ahead and up the steps on the right to where the supermarket/cafe is, then further steps on the right, it’s straight ahead of you in the corner.

1 Like

It is an interesting add on, I think the upgrade was a good one, and was not difficult to integrate.

The S510 was a little bigger than I expected, but it a good match for the sopra, my living room is small and and having two is not possible because of the global aesthetic, so opted for the best I could afford and it worked very well.

Bought 8 of these Herbies as well, the brass ones - how long did it take to get them to you?

I have them as well under my Sopra-3s on carpet.
Initially bought them to allow easy speaker movement but I get the sense that they may improve SQ. Goes against the common wisdom though since you can “wobble” the speakers and have been tempted to spike them through the carpet again into the plywood of the suspended floor.

Thoughts on these please - they are the little Harbeth P3? Have always fancied something a little smaller than what I’ve got so I’ve borrowed them for a home dem! They are replacing Monitor Audio Gold 200’s (David v Goliath :smile:) on the end of 282/250! So far like the mids and top but they don’t seem to like loud! Any thoughts and suggestions for alternatives would be most welcome
Thanks S

20 Likes

If you think one S/510 is great too bad you can’t have two. I have a pair of S/510 on my Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum. That combination really shines, and two S/510 are rather more than the sum of their parts, especially when it comes to projecting a soundstage with depth.

1 Like

It took 3 weeks. Think biggest hold up was at customs. Not fitted yet.

1 Like

Any early updates on Oephi and Sarum? :blush:

Proac Tablette 10 Signature? I pushed mine fairly loud.

G

2 Likes

I had thought about them but was told they may be a little bright - I had also wondered about one of their floorstanders - DT8 or D20. One of the reasons for the change is I’m being kicked out of the lounge! We’ve got two rooms downstairs - my dads lounge and bedroom - no longer required as he’s now in a home. So one is to be a proper office and the other a music room and the MA’s may be a bit much! Thanks for tip tho!

1 Like

You could try PMC twenty5.21i. They will give a lot more scale and volume than small sealed speakers. I replaced Tablette 10 Signatures with the PMCs and am much happier.

3 Likes

Ah now that’s something I could try - did hear the 25.23 a while ago and was quite impressed- thanks

What he said. Was just about to make same suggestion

2 Likes

What about these, Edwards Audio Apprentice Speakers only 75cm tall and give a full and loud sound. Shown next the SBL’s for size.

5 Likes

I enjoyed my ProAc D2’s when I had them and pushing the volume was not an issue. I continue on with the ProAc D30’s today…

3 Likes