What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

Not really. 555PS DR. NDS, sonically, is such a great player. ND555 does not have it very easy to overperform NDS. That is, of course, to my ears. NDS+555PS DR is a hands-down winner with no competition at its market price. That is, of course, in my humble experience.

3 Likes

Bought a second one of these, after being somewhat shocked at the difference this made installed in the wall, wanted to add a second to my power distribution bar that feeds my DAC & phono stage.

4 Likes

Closer to $1000 per lb. :joy:

1 Like

Also got one FURUTECH FT-SWS NCF (R) Wall Power Plug on my system, the first 5 or 6 days it did not sounded that good, then after things opened a lot and it made a good difference, I ordered another for a second setup. They are not affordable but they are good.

2 Likes

I just bought four of the Hubbell cryo outlets from AV Options, for a new electric service I am getting for the HiFi,

3 Likes

PhoenixNET incoming. Good deal on a new unit px my EE8/F1 with a decent cooling off period should I not get along with it.

No pockets in a shroud and all that…

G

7 Likes

It’s a very big step up from the ee8

1 Like

Luckily my vendor offers burn in service for these so I didn’t have to suffer through this (hear it mentioned very often these NCF receptacles take forever to run in).

Not an identical version, but cryo treated Hubbell’s are what I have run up to this point both in the wall & on my power bar. With your level of gear, I would recommend checking one of the NCF versions out. With my dedicated listening space, I ran a dedicated 20amp line (cryo treated romex). The NCF is a ridiculous price for a receptacle but I had read so many good things about them & thought, in the grand scheme of things its not expensive compared to some audio related things I’ve purchased. I was rather shocked at the changes I heard, expensive for a receptacle yes, but in relation to the changes it has brought, it actually seems like somewhat of a Bargain. Hence why I wanted to see what another will bring. Only downfall is now its got me interested in swapping some of my power cord ends to the FI-50 NCF R versions as well.

2 Likes

Exactly what the dealer said when I asked…Who would have guessed!

G

3 Likes

Dan, your setup looks great and I’m really glad that you’re enjoying your new speakers. I have to say that in all of your posts over time my eye is always drawn to your LP12 and that plinth that looks “absolutely fabulous”!.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Silent Angel Bonn N 8 switch with the Forester 1 PS. Very happy with this kit as I regard the switch as a real upgrade. The sound, particularly in the bass region, is is somehow bigger.

2 Likes

Collected on Friday new NDX2, after 9 years with NDX
Loved the musical performance of NDX, NDX2 as you would expect takes the musical performance up some levels, I don’t stream use I radio and FLAC

Delighted with ease of set of NDX2, just burning in now

Into 252/300DR Kudos Titans T505

22 Likes

Try lining the boxes up with the front of the glass, and the glass with the wood. It will look much better and may well sound better too.

Finally managed to collect a set of speakers that I bought back in the January sales and place them in the TV set up as fronts. That allowed me to replace the Nait 5i with the XS-2. Improved both the sound of the TV/Movies and also the music from the streamer.

(Fyne audio 302)

3 Likes

Now properly dressed

17 Likes

Much better.

1 Like

Not bought, but a hand me down from a friend after they upgraded. Will pick up a new stylus for it soon…

5 Likes

Or, it might not.

Full Fraim

1 Like