What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

What does ‘floating’ refer to?

The shield that drains EMI is not connected to ground.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. Sorry if a silly question, but is that preferable?

Best answer to that is it depends on who you ask :wink:

2 Likes

TP-Link Deco X50 PoE mesh system and TP-Link LS105GP PoE switch.

This has finally stopped the Naim app from falling overdue to iffy WiFi from the “router”.
Really easy to set up and the Wifi is now really stable and present with good quality in almost all of the house.

2 Likes

This week I bought a second hand NDac (from 2010) to complement the ND5XS2 and the Audiolab CDT 6000. Nice update. If you are interested, you finde more impressions in the separate thread ((click here)

14 Likes

I bought their ground defender and that also works a treat when all other grounding tricks failed with my Nirvana when connected to the VEGA G2.2. Impressive gear for its size!

1 Like

SBOOSTER BOTW P&P MKII for my Lindemann Limetree Bridge II (fronting my NDS) on the way.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Olive Supercap coming next week. It needs a service but I’m excited to see what it will do as is also. Use it for a while and then get it serviced. It might sound worse than the serviced Hicap I’m using now? We’ll see.

1 Like

Even with no service it should be better than hicap

1 Like

I can’t see what it is. Is it a power cord in the ceiling?

Audioquest Blizzard Powercable and NRG Edison Wall Outlet

1 Like

I’ve had Blizzard in the past. Great power cord. Where do you connect it?

Fun times ahead! I believe that’s the setup @Igel use :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I believe it is. @Igel is of course involved in this, my evolving situation😅

1 Like

I suspected so :smiley: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have a couple of these coming for demo next week. Looking forward to see what impact they have on my room versus running Roon dsp.

1 Like

Would love to get updates later after the demo on how it works (or does not) on your system. But that works on mine.

1 Like

Will do- I have an annoying bass resonance in my room at around 30- 40hz which I’ve been able to pretty much dial out with Roon dsp. I want to see what these can do without any dsp and then how they compare to using dsp. 6K is a big outlay so the improvement over dsp will have to be significant.

1 Like