What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

I was fooled by this picture:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Now I understand why you were asking the question Max.

1 Like

I bought new XLR cables. One of the best in the market.

I just bought a record box :grinning:. Just need to put some in it now.

8 Likes

Hey Dico, where did you track that down from?

on the site of “heareverything” the distributor in the Netherlands. A 2023 product guide with all tech specs can be downloaded. This distributor has a very close relationship with the Danish guys and made a pre-presentation at a Dutch audio event of the Guru 12 begin october 2023. At the same time they also announced the floorstander Guru 42 coming 2024 (no more details yet).

Hi Dico, I think for the new ones it could be a case of they can work close to the rear wall as opposed to with the original Q10 it was intrinsic to the design. Owning both there is a massive difference in the design of the Q10 and the Q12, with the latter being much more conventional in appearance and dimensions than the Q10. It’s much more like a bigger Junior (oxymoron territory now.)

My 12’s are obviously still bedding in but I have moved them back now to be 32 cm from back of speaker to wall at the closest point and with small toe in so that the other corner of the speaker is 33.5cm from the wall.

So toe in is much less aggressive than the Q10 as well, sounding very good in this position also.

1 Like

Cool, yes as usual the Dutch seem to have it covered, was pretty much the only source of information until I started emailing Erik at Guru/Peopleaudio.

I’ll have a look for that link, cheers.

Holy. Believe that is your true final form. May I ask if the 707 vs 808 huge difference and gap?

Max – not just you :grin: I was thinking the unit to the right must be housing some very special gear :thinking:

Strange isn’t it, how Naim have engineered the Powerline plug tops (in the UK) to offer isolation, but I bet 90%+ of us who have them, have them running across the floor!!

Enjoy and keep us posted.

1 Like

28hz! That’s low for a dinky box.

Famous last words…

Congratulations, lovely looking speakers!

1 Like

An Eversolo A6.

6 Likes

Same here with Zenith Mk3 … YES - there is an uplift and sense app and ripping are so nice!

1 Like

Senn in advertised - have fun with it. I have 2 olive ones … Supercap is super :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is quite a bit of difference which is expected when you see the price gap.
The danger is Hi Fi shows and this website.
Until I heard the 808 I was very satisfied with the 707.

5 Likes

Thank you. Fortunately Statement are a price too high!:joy:

1 Like

Used AQ Blizzard XTRM Powercable. As big as my forearm and as stiff as NACA5.

Hey Dog, (ok gonna leave street behind now :)) the original Guru is a deviant in this respect and just defies expectations. The Q10 is quoted at 30hz in that regard, and based on 10 plus years with them they have always delivered realistic and physical bass, timed beautifully.

These new ones are just gorgeous but yes have a ridiculously extended but controlled bottom end.

But most importantly both the originals and every guru I’ve heard have image height, just makes everything sound real when a singer is stood up in front of you and not 5inches tall.

Dynamics just drip from these new 12’s.

Listening to the original release of Lady Blackbird on vinyl, introduced to many by @TheKevster and , well, just wow.

2 Likes