What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Worked twice on the same cable :grin:

1 Like

What a horrible way of marking a cable. Ok if it was a fridge… Laser anyone?

1 Like

6 Likes

Just made the very same move👍

1 Like

Great to hear it!

1 Like

Impressive power distributor. I think it will improve the sound. I see you are using Furutech Clearline power optimizer. If you are interested and like to share your experiences there is a special thread to Furutech Products (Click here). Enjoy your system.

2 Likes

Another Furutech user, just received and installed. Will share on the sound of course, later. It replaced the Eros Titan.

10 Likes

Exciting!

1 Like

Yes, the G5 is a clear step up from my G3 + sparky base.
I remember demoing the Chord M6 against my G3, and I couldn’t hear any substantial difference.
With the G5 it was immediate.
And yes, I try to look after my electrical current hygiene :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was too eager to set them up, so just a box pic. instead. :rofl::rofl:

Nestled in amongst my Naim amps is a new Don Sachs Valhalla tube / valve amp that arrived today. So far it’s warming up fed by a Lumin D2 via basic power, speaker and XLR cables with potential to be unleashed.

It’s been a 9 month saga getting it, with the first one being thoroughly trashed by UPS. This is the amp that my speakers were voiced with and reckoned by the Spatial community to be the tube amp to beat.

13 Likes

Perfect fit!

8 Likes

How did it go?

Only 3 hours burn in and the Eros is outclassed. More details, freedom, tighter bass. The tonality didn’t changed. A clear step.
Coins: it exposes more some average recordings.

Of course, it’s not 4 times better. But you know that already Garcon.

Does it worth the extra 2k euros ? For common people not. For ill audiophile like us, yes.

9 Likes

I know it’s a typo but “ill audiophile” is excellent!

2 Likes

Your 12’s look really nice! When I bought my Guru Junior Plus models, they came standard with covers that were held on by magnets. The walnut version looks great with or without them.

Hope you are enjoying your 12’s by now, all broken in etc.!

It’s not a typo. As audiophile are addicted persons, they are ill in some way. Humor also .

8 Likes

I like it even more, then :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Cheers, I’m really pleased I went with the Fog finish, but I’d probably be just as happy with the light ok. Yes really enjoying them, fabulous speakers, and the grilles with these are the same as yours by the sound of it.

They have some cracking dynamics to them.

1 Like

Excellent! I do like that finish, very nice, glad they are sounding good for you!

1 Like