What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

555 DR PS for my NDX2 just purchased from EB, and on its way to Darran for a service. Very excited! Will then sell the XPS to put me back in the black.

3 Likes

Interesting, thought he could not service DR units?

Oh, well he hasn’t said not. I know you cant get non-dr stuff DR’d anymore due to spares issue (at least originally), but wasn’t aware of any servicing issues. I would imagine there must be spares available, as the 555 DR PS is still purchasable. It would restrict what he could service if he doesn’t do any DR stuff, as that’s quite a lot these days. He did say that he couldn’t do it as a drop off and pickup the same day.

1 Like

Be interested in feedback🤞🏽

Nottingham Analogue Dais
Anna 10 inch arm with Lyra Kleos

13 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

If they couldn’t service dr units anymore I’m pretty sure this entire forum would have had a mental breakdown :joy:

1 Like

Naim can……but there is no reference to DR on the Class A site that i could see?

La la la la la la “I’m not listening” La la la la la - quick change the subject! - Nice weather we are having :blush:

3 Likes

Looks like it means business!

Ah yes I didn’t read properly but also I assumed class A could do almost all naim boxes(I assumed that the only things they might struggle with or stuff like the cd mech issue).

Well if the ex distributor in NZ can replace 2 dr modules outside of warranty for @Mike_S ……surely Darran can, if allowed.

1 Like

It’s funny really. My mate is an electronics engineer and he looked up the DR parts, as I had the failed ones. They are off-the-shelf product you can by here for $5 each. He reckoned he could do the job, as could any reputable hi-fi technician. Our local hi-fi repair shop does recaps of old Naim gear. I sort of got the impression that the whole Naim servicing thing is a little smoke & mirrors, and not as difficult as it’s made out to be. Maybe the streamers are more complicated.

2 Likes

I believe Naim are very fussy about component spec, and test every component in a newly delivered batch, and discard a lot if they dont have the finer tolerances they require.

2 Likes

Yes, so we hear. But then, we also hear of lots of relay failures in the NDX2 and ND555. My NDX2 relay failed and was repaired out of warranty. It’s a common fault.

4 Likes

Fair point - perhaps the tester was off on his holidays when those batches came in, or his test equipment wasn’t calibrated correctly, and as such picked all the crap ones.

1 Like

Have you won on lottery ? :joy:

1 Like

I listened to various turntables last year: Linn LP12, Rega Naia, Michell orbe, Thorens td-124, Origin Live resolution, Transrotor, E.A.T… The Nottingham Analogue is the most musical for me.

2 Likes

That‘s exactly the way, i use the Lumin too.

Some sort of a preamplifier, that delivers the digital signal direct into the speakers. The Leeth thing only applies to the phono stage.

Are you sure about that? Because I did not even know the P1 has a phono stage. Or are you talking about the speakers? I only use Qobuz and optical out of my TV, plus a little thumb drive plugged in the back of the P1. Pretty sure I am using the Leedh volume on all of these.