What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Cable guy - know it.
Which speaker cable stayed?

Ansuz A2 stayed. Oephi Reference was slightly better but could not justify the extra cost :money_with_wings: A2 has bit more groove where Oephi is more “invisible”. Also kept Ansuz A2 Digitalz, A2 Power cord, Oephi Transcendance DIN XLR and have from before Ansuz D2 Powerswitch and D2 ethernet.

1 Like

3m of Furutech TCS-31, doing some yoga until the Furutech connectors arrive next week.

4 Likes

More controlled power arrives on Saturday. Can’t wait.
(Image of NPX300 Tom Tom Audio).

G

10 Likes

For a second system I’ve just ordered Quad Artera monoblocks to pair with Wharfedale Linton speakers.
I wonder if they’ll come with pipe, slippers and cardigan - we’ll see….

3 Likes

Presumably, you got white gloves with the Lintons at least?

(they came with my Dentons)

2 Likes

A couple of Val Doonican albums thrown in for good measure.

G

3 Likes

Only ordered not received yet but excitement grows.
Good call Graeme a rocking chair is another possible tweak👍.

2 Likes

Turntable support finally arrived

12 Likes

You will enjoy it. Just a measure of how much :blush:

1 Like

They are brilliant little amps totally different from the stereo amp

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback - very little on interweb about them and what I have found I don’t really understand so a bit of a leap of faith. My mate’s dad has them but with electrostatic speakers and are very good (he highly rates them) so good to hear you like em with bass reflex designs too. Cheers

Bought a Sony TC-377.

20 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

Following house move in January I have finally got the hi-fi set up and acquired:

• Kudos KS-1 speaker cables (the old Sarum are on bedroom duties due to increased length needed in main room);

• Dynavector XV-1t cartridge (horrified to find that my little used 1t had been destroyed during transit/ storage and all responsibility with me!);

• Audioquest cable in longer length to connect router to switch;

• TA Evenstar (toblerone!) in black - I haven’t sat down to do A-B comparisons.

Peter

1 Like

An SMSL VMV A1 Class A amp - 10W per channel.

&

An EAR-Yoshino 834L per amp.

1 Like

I like SMSL products, presently have the SA300 Amp and SU-1 DAC in my office system.

DG…

Weiss DAC204, improves upon the Chord Qutest in every regard, likely the most impactful upgrade I’ve made so far.

15 Likes

My dad has a similar one, TC-366. Maybe it’s a simpler model or older. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Initially I thought it had some of the Class A attributes, but was lacking in the bass. Then I paired it with an EAR834L.

This is giving me the best sound-quality I have achieved with my Grahams LS3/5a.

That said, it is in a nearfield system, and I am close to the speakers; so the 10W per channel isn’t an impairment.