What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

The CDt was so good through my Dave I felt I had to try the CD XR. The CD XR was so good through my Dave I felt I had to get the matching PSU. It’s a dangerous hobby this!

10 Likes

@Richard.Dane just wanted to check if the cables were correct as I saw only the white band ones, I sent the request to the naim support team and got the reply that these are sample cables and are correct and can be used with the new classic series component.

3 Likes

That’s great. Thanks for the update.

Even today I saw on YouTube the same blue band cables used in the audio show in UK

Thanks for sharing. That is important for me and good to know, because I am going to improve my Furutech power supply further.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I had also the Audioquest Cinnamon Ethernet cable for a longer time. To my ears it was better than Chord C-Stream that I also had. Now I use Audioquest Vodka, which I found a clear step compared to the Cinnamon, but with the same sound signature. The Neotech also has a very good reputation here in the forum. But I have no experience with it.

3 Likes

From my readings on here seems the neet-1008 should be somewhat of a bargain, sounds like its sonically similar to the AQ diamond at a fraction of the cost. I believe the Vodka vs Diamond have a bit different sonic signatures, you might say the Vodka would be like a 282 while the Diamond would be like a 252 from what I’ve read.

1 Like

It’s here. Let’s see how it goes (from wall to Puritan PSM156).

11 Likes

I’m sure it’ll go well … great cables!

1 Like

Not so much a hobby, more The Road To Perdition…

Enjoy :blush:

3 Likes

Sounds very very good with the Ultimate now when system is back on so it will likely stay. Had it burned in by the retailer with special burn in equipment :man_shrugging: It was for free so I thought I’d give it a go.

Puritan Classic vs Ultimate.

6 Likes

Thought it’d be staying :slightly_smiling_face: I predict more will be on their way into your system!

I need three more at some point :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just switched my Focus 160 to a pair of Focus 220ii. Absolutely love the setup at this point.

20 Likes

Just gone from years using a 2M Bronze to this. Loved the speed and accuracy of the 2M but I’m in awe at how good the AT is.

16 Likes

From a friend. I had no idea how good a DAC the V1 is, nor how good an amp the NAP 100 is. nSats are extremely happy, and so am I. Sorry for the SN, but DAC V1/NAP100 is more than a desktop system…

Naim is definitely Treasure Island…

17 Likes

Agreed… I just wish there was a streamer and CD transport to match… would be such a lovely system.

3 Likes

I have a TEAC VRDS-9 which, admittedly, doesn’t match the two visually, but I also have an HDX that does… .:slight_smile:

There’s always Cyrus if you want to go that route, nice stuff and similar size…

Yes… I just think Naim missed a trick in not developing that small separates range. I have a DAC-v1 and it’s wonderful when paired with a bluesound streamer and powered speakers.

4 Likes

?