What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

The expression you are looking for is ‘better late than never’.

That CDX2 is filthy, and has a lot of rubbing along the top edge. I hope it was really cheap. If it was from Tom Tom I’d be really surprised at the poor state of it.

I learned this from Sergio Marchionne.

1 Like

Well, he got it wrong.

@Richard.Dane

Richard, I posted a reply to HH’s comment, but stupidly I replied to the thread titled “Show Us Your CDP”.

Would you be able to move it, please?

Alternatively, I can re-post the reply here.

Thank you.

(I wouldn’t want anyone to think that TomTom have sold me something not up to standard, when I am thrilled to have found a lovely fresh CDP and PS!)

1 Like

Graham, it seems to fit in either thread so perhaps just re-post?

1 Like

Thanks Graham. I was worried you’d been sold a pup. It looks lovely now it’s cleaned up. All you need to do is delete your other post - touch the three dots and then the bin.

Hello, Nigel, I’ll leave it under the other thread. Anyone reading this will know where to look!

I don’t know if these count as gear as such, but I picked these brand new TDK SA-X tapes up for £2 a pop this afternoon

11 Likes

Wasn’t really planning on buying this, but a recent trip to the local dealer had me thinking that multi-room might be a cool thing. And it is! I stream internet radio more or less all day long in my lounge system, so to be able to have perfectly in sync music in the kitchen is brilliant. Much more impressed with this little QB than I thought I would be!

13 Likes

It will work fantastic with your sources and speakers.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m enjoying it.

They offer them in white as well :wink:

Having also just acquired one I used this Sunday afternoon to put the Musicline Netzleiste Plus in my system, replacing a regular Netzleiste that has the standard Naim power chord.

(Netzleiste = power strip in German, Musicline was the D distributor for Naim after all).

Totally gobsmacked by the difference, major change for little money, let’s see in the next days.

4 Likes

Oh no … she have you posted this … it is a days job to put it in… :rofl:
Yeah - good old music-line times…

@daddycool What equipment is plugged into the Netzleiste - your whole system?

I have amplification and phono fed by a standard Igel.
ND555 and Phoenix net via Powerline plugged in the netzleiste (currently a standard one)

1 Like

Yes, as before, simply replaced the older Netzleiste with the new one.

I did ask the aesthetics committee about that as well, but they were not convinced. It’s pretty much the definition of a first world problem though, and the search is not without reward.

1 Like

No question tube amps look better sans cage. Assuming the amp is designed that way. Such as Ayon Audio, Octave or VAC.

A new 2020 DAC V1 that’s never been opened to use as a headphone amp. Hard to find here.

23 Likes

I thought they were older than that, nice find.