What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Blue Jeans Cable ethernet cable for $20 is all you need.

2 Likes

@NoNaim hi there … congrats on your 350s. Btw , I saw in your pic that you are using chord cables , have you had the Sarum T ethernet cable? If you do , how it sound ? Thanks

Could they have used glass instead?

I use the AQ Diamond, from my Router to EE8 switch then on to my Auralic Aries. Sounds great.

2 Likes

At first I thought it was glass when I demoed them , and the dealer told me acrylic … I was like :flushed:

Glad it work out well for you… am gonna loan this and also chord Sarum T and music for a home demo . Most importantly they must sing well together with the rest of my cables . Hey , thanks for the reply :wink:

To be fair, it is toughened acrylic and is stronger than glass, if not scratch proof. They use the same material on Statement to fuse the top and bottom halves together. Same material on the base of the Musos. Same material on front of the Solstice. Same material on base of the Unitis. It’s not my visual preference but it is a great marketing idea.

In 10 years time, most people with NC will be looking at it thinking it looks a bit dated. A bit too 20’s. Time to move on to the contemporary 30’s design look with the dayglow yellow and cyan case. I say this half jokingly but half serious. Contemporary design is a critical aspect of demand generation. If you look at things like tablets and phones they go though cycles of rounded edges gradually getting squarer and then actually square and then slowly rounded again. The goal is to make old products “feel” old and out of date.

2 Likes

I hope being retired is what you wanted ?

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Thank you for the vote of confidence, time will tell. :blush:

1 Like

Sorry, but the picture is not of my system. If you direct your question to @David he might be able to answer your question. :blush:

1 Like

Oops… lol thanks for the clarification… and congrats to your 350s

1 Like

The industrial design of most all post-Olive Naim was done by Simon Matthews, who ended up working for Naim and Focal as the group Director of Design. His last big project for Naim was the New Classic series. He now works with Bowers & Wilkins.

7 Likes

Did he also design the volume knob on the NC’s? Could explain why he’s now working for B&W!

Do you know who was responsible for the Classic industrial design? Simon joined Naim in 2012. Or do you mean he worked as a consultant and also industrial design of the classic boxes too and eventually joined naim as an employee in 2012?

Simon was involved with the ID of the Classic range as a contractor and eventually joined the Vervent group as Group Director of Design with Statement, Mu-So, Uniti, Fraim, Solstice and New Classic Naim designs to his credit.

5 Likes

@David hi David , I can see from the pic you are using chord cables , may I know do you happen to be using Sarum T or music ethernet cable ? I am interested in these 2 models … how do they sound ? Thanks

Hi, my Chord cables are Sarum T speaker and XLRs. I use BJC for my Ethernet.

1 Like

In preparation for a pair of ATC SCM40A’s and a NSC 222, 2 long runs of balanced XLR cables and a speaker power block.

DIY to save some money!

Lo Rad 1.5mm/sq plus Crabtree un-switched socket and a MCRU plug (bigger aperture to take cable)

2x 8m XLR cable = £79
Extension all in = £40

Daz

11 Likes

Hi there, I have the Sarum T streaming cable and I have been very pleased with it.

1 Like

Hi there… thanks for the reply … nice it’s works well … currently there’s no stocks on my AD side , sigh , however there’s a signature up for grab… so … :thinking: maybe I try that first and wait for the Sarum T …

1 Like