What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Nice work !! Enjoy and congrats to your new 222 and ATC purchase :clap:t2:

1 Like

Vertere redline phono cable for the TT and a powerline for the NPX300. Moved my old faithful Music Works shielded cable to the Phono stage. Main effect of the twin changes - slightly more relaxed presentation and comfortable with higher volumes - nil negative…

Trying this on the Auralic Aries G1.1 streamer.

Bit suck it and see on power cables in my experience. Powerlines made a distinct difference on Naim kit I’ve put them on and a PC change on a Teac CDT too. However I can discern very little to no difference whatsoever on my TT w/phono stage whatever I put on it.

However the streamer seems an altogether different beast and what comes out seems very much influenced by how it’s strung up. I’ve tried half a dozen different digital interconnects and settled on the Atlas Mavros. I’ve also tried a few different PC’s I have to hand and they too put their own signature on things, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Given my positive experience with the Mavros, I thought I’d give this a try…

5 Likes

And right away the results are in. Blimey!

2 Likes

Good choice of speaker :ok_hand:

The “show us your ATC’s” thread is still active (no pun intended), so look forward to seeing some pictures there

1 Like

Pick this up today :sweat_smile: and see how it goes

And I saw this

And small gifts from naim/Focal - leather card holder and pen :laughing:

3 Likes

I very much doubt that @Richard.Dane would know that.

Probably for less money and a less interesting job… :neutral_face:

it was tongue in cheek obviously

As was my reply. At Director of Design for Vervent group level, I imagine the ‘money’ would have been ‘adequate’ - and that any onward move would be more to do with other factors…?

Having never attained such elevated levels, I really have no idea… :expressionless:

I tried an Ecosse Big Orange on my Sky Box , not only did it improve the sound it improved the picture

For my P3

10 Likes

…those small items look like wonderful gifts for mother’s day! (this Sunday here in the states) I better get shopping! :wink:

5 Likes

332 arrived today…that’s me done.

20 Likes

I have been waiting a long time to order that one and after having done it, ChordMusic speaker cable and the links have finally arrived today…

12 Likes

The Phonitor X has been replaced, all sounding very good. But the button that has to be pressed to program an IR remote is not working, so the unit will need a repair or replacement :rage:
What happened to german quality?

1 Like

A while back I sold my headphone setup of Focal Clear MG’s and Graham Slee Diamond amp because, despite the Focals being amazing as an object, I just didn’t use them enough to justify the cost. Recently I fancied picking up something a bit more modest, so I grabbed a cut price Rega Ear and a cut price pair of Senheiser HD650’s. In total, the new headphones and amp cost less than the cable I had for my Focal’s and wouldn’t you know, it sounds fantastic! I’m really enjoying the Ear, I really have to say everything I hear from Rega just sounds great. I love my P8, love my Aria and when I demo’d a bunch of cartridges, I loved the Ania Pro more than some pretty expensive carts from other companies. I now have a really enjoyable little headphone setup and I don’t have to feel guilty if I use it so much less than I expect to!

7 Likes

I had 6 of these risers delivered today. Hand made by a very nice, friendly and helpful eBay seller who also makes high end speakers.

Made of carbon fibre and a very reasonable price compared to some of the extortionate amounts big brands seem to ask for very similar products. I’m very happy so have ordered more to get all my speaker cables off my wooden floor.

4 Likes

May I ask what is your previous speaker cable and what are the differences/improvements the Chord Music brought to the system?

I finally found a Naim Fraim on the used market.

23 Likes

Well, the cable is just a second day playing and as far as now, I can say that it brings music to life. For example, I was listening to one Sting album today which I ripped a long time ago from the cd. The album use to sound a bit dull and today, while I was listening it has more body, more dynamic but not over colored.
I could say (with my experience) a perfect cable. Every :musical_note: it is well balanced.

I have had a Signature XL.

3 Likes