What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Yes it most certainly is. Always tricky to describe certain aspects of the music being played and we don’t know how the reviewers perceive things.

Only way to know a bit I guess is testing the same amps/streamer/whatever else as the reviewer and get to know their “signature”.
But that would be one hell of a job.

2 Likes

I found the same, replaced my TT2 and mscaler, which were very good, with my Dave and was shocked by how much more real things sound. I also tried the Dave with my Mscaler and much preferred it without which freed up some funds.

3 Likes

I know cable risers are not everyone’s favourite bit of gear, but I’ve finally got mine setup and I’m pleasantly surprised by the impact they’ve had. I like the styling too but they might not be for everyone. Plus it’s being a kid playing with a train set again :rofl:

Think I will lose the black tack under the one in the picture mind you. I tried this one as an experiment and I’m not convinced it is needed or looks good…

3 Likes

Let me add that the TT2/Mscaler has a warm sound but it’s almost too warm, it sounds nice and I think in a bright system it would be excellent.
The Dave sounds less warm but not bright but it has much faster transients and increased transparency. It’s a neat trick to sound clear,fast, transparent, big, Dynamic but not bright or overly sibilant .
It’s expensive. But I think might be one of if not the most satisfying upgrade I’ve ever made. Fits my system like a glove

1 Like

What is it?:thinking:

My thoughts exactly, I put the Mscaler in/out of my system with the DAVE for over a month.

I much prefer the DAVE alone, the Mscaler added a weird “sheen” to all the music.

I can’t describe it more than that, like something artificial was added.

1 Like

It is an integrated amplifier, class A/B from Audia Flight. It has the optional DAC- an Phono board installed.

Here are some pictures from their website:

3 Likes

My most recent purchase:

The Creek OBH-22 Passive Pre

I love the fact that it works without being plugged in, which is required IF you want to use the remote.

The pair of RCAs is for a Chord cable that connects to a NAP140, when I want SS rather than the WAD6550 in the background.

Rather good, although not in the same class as the Townsend Allegri or Icon 4. But, also rather cheaper.

2 Likes

ATC SCM7’s for the near field system along with Rega P6 & Nait 50.

34 Likes

What a lovely setup. Perfect :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

For when the boss wants to watch TV!

1 Like

A used Chord Signature Streaming Cable.

It needs a repair as one of the RJ45 plugs has a broken retaining clip.

But even with the cost of the repair from Chord, it still makes it very good value.

DG…

2 Likes

Blackstar,

I love this setup. Reminds me of when this music hobby was simple! Record player, amp and speakers. And I imagine it sounds wonderful.

Daz

4 Likes

Hi Daz, yes it does thank you. Not as good as the main system but not that far from it!

3 Likes

How did the Mscaler affect the sound??

I was wondering about that one but it hadn’t occurred to me that I could get the plug changed. I’ll be very interested to hear how it sounds when you get it in place.

I got a price for the repair from Chord before I made an offer which was accepted.

With the cost of the repair and the purchase price it’s still less than half price of a new cable.

By getting it repaired by Chord, it will come back like new.

I’ll let you know how it sounds, at least it will need no burn in.

DG…

3 Likes

I felt it made things sound less real compared to Dave alone

1 Like

Agreed.

2 Likes

A NOS TITAN AUDIO HELIOS mains cable for my Sony 9000ES, and a yet to be fitted a s/h, according to the seller, Atlas Audio Mavros s/pdif cable (perhaps not the latest iteration, but not the latest price either).

I have a few Titan cables now, and tbh was not sure one on the Sony would make much of a difference, but it actually has…Once I have got a bit more time with this set-up, I will move the existing Atlas cable on to my Sony 555ES, and put the Mavros on the 9000ES

1 Like