What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

Having seen this mentioned on the Forum to good effect, I bought this for my hummy/buzzy SuperCap2, which at night (quiet) especially was audible from a couple of feet away. I wasn’t that hopeful, but for the money…hell, give it a shot. I bought an Isotek block once - did absolutely nothing for the buzz, and that cost a whole lot more than IFI’s £129. (Thanks Future Shop, btw. Excellent personal service).

Pleased to say it has greatly reduced, may even have almost removed, the buzz (there’s another box that is slightly buzzy, quieter than the SC2, so I have to check which*). Colour me impressed!

*May try the IFI on my G3 block, see if takes out both, or wait till payday and get another.

Lastly, big thanks to @DiggyGun for posting about it!

5 Likes

Very good, aren’t they!

1 Like

Thanks for the hint! Both SN and SC occasionally purr like kittens…

hmm kinda wish id tried a pair of those on my speaker journey then

I had two pairs of the Q10’s, a mk1.5 and a mk2, I sold my mk2’s to a mate at friends rates and kept the mk1.5s (1.5’s because they seem to be a hybrid between the originals and the mk2’s when the drivers changed). They transformed my mates system as he has a super tough room layout.

Most Guru owners seem to have the same type of devotion to them that we see on here for Naim, and the musical presentations suit each other well.

Think the implosion of the company killed off all the impetus they had got from launch and left those who had already got a pair as loyal followers and then they never found the wider audience.

With the relaunch maybe they can find that wider following, currently don’t have any UK distribution or dealers, so its a bit of a leap of faith at the moment if anyone wants a pair. I found Erik the owner super accommodating and he hit every date he gave me.

Definitely an interesting speaker, I’d like to hear the G28, which is a floor stander that has two drivers on the rear to complement the front facing drivers (mid and treble units).

3 Likes

What does ‘floating’ refer to?

The shield that drains EMI is not connected to ground.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. Sorry if a silly question, but is that preferable?

Best answer to that is it depends on who you ask :wink:

2 Likes

TP-Link Deco X50 PoE mesh system and TP-Link LS105GP PoE switch.

This has finally stopped the Naim app from falling overdue to iffy WiFi from the “router”.
Really easy to set up and the Wifi is now really stable and present with good quality in almost all of the house.

2 Likes

This week I bought a second hand NDac (from 2010) to complement the ND5XS2 and the Audiolab CDT 6000. Nice update. If you are interested, you finde more impressions in the separate thread ((click here)

14 Likes

I bought their ground defender and that also works a treat when all other grounding tricks failed with my Nirvana when connected to the VEGA G2.2. Impressive gear for its size!

1 Like

SBOOSTER BOTW P&P MKII for my Lindemann Limetree Bridge II (fronting my NDS) on the way.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Olive Supercap coming next week. It needs a service but I’m excited to see what it will do as is also. Use it for a while and then get it serviced. It might sound worse than the serviced Hicap I’m using now? We’ll see.

1 Like

Even with no service it should be better than hicap

1 Like

I can’t see what it is. Is it a power cord in the ceiling?

Audioquest Blizzard Powercable and NRG Edison Wall Outlet

1 Like

I’ve had Blizzard in the past. Great power cord. Where do you connect it?

Fun times ahead! I believe that’s the setup @Igel use :slight_smile:

2 Likes